***LIVE*** FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS with Arlene & Tony

arlenemilt

[ATTACH]39242[/ATTACH]

CLICK IT!

Another Lovely evening on the Golden Princess!

Bill(WIWT)

Bill,

You are absolutely right this time, but then who's counting. :D

We have had wonderful weather, except for the rain when we left BA, actually the rain stopped about 5 minutes after we left port. Then we had the 100mph wind gusts the day after Puerto Arenas, but then the Captain took us out of the way through the Fjords to a beautiful Glacier (was not in the itenarary(sp), just to get away from the choppy water and wind gusts, oh what a cruise so far. I don't want to scare the leprechan so I will knock on wood (oh that was yesterday and this is today). :eek: But I want to thank everyone for their prayers and for keeping their fingers crossed and whatever else people have done to keep our weather great (two days left).

Keep on (truckin) cruisin,

Easykruz.

Bill:)

Arlene~ How was dinner tonight and how's the weather now?

We had the Captain's Circle party where Tony won the most days cruising with over 700 days at sea. Our formal night dinner was of course LOBSTER, most people at our table had more than 2 lobsters. Well you get the idea.:D

Easykruz,

Bill

Thanks for the great pix. It looks very cold there; however, the penguins ARE very cute.

BTW, Bill, I am curious. What is the blue fabric around your neck. It looks like part of your backpack?

On Vicki, is she wearing a vest for warmth or a life-saving device from the kayaks. Or is this where you kayaked?

Thanks for all your detailed reviews. You know that they are well-appreciated.

Are you KIDDING, kayaked?:eek: They are both life vests for the Zodiac Boat that we took to Penguin Island. The Zodiac boats are cruising away in one of the pictures that Jotworld Bill posted for Vicky and I. My blue lifevest was a very small version of a life vest but since I was carrying a backpack I figured that I didn't have a prayer if I fell into the water so I went with the smaller life vest so it wouldn't get in the way when I took pictures.:D

Billy the Kid:D

Dear fellow and lady cruisers,

I must get ready for our next tour as we are in Puerto Montt, Chile, today. Vicky and I are going to the Petrohue River and Frutillar (a German style town from the 1850's). We will bring back our memories and share them tonight.

So long for now,

Easykruz,

Dear fellow and lady cruisers,

I must get ready for our next tour as we are in Puerto Montt, Chile, today. Vicky and I are going to the Petrohue River and Frutillar (a German style town from the 1850's). We will bring back our memories and share them tonight.

So long for now,

Easykruz,

Hope you and everyone else have a wonderful day ashore...can't wait to hear all about it :-)

How do you put the picture in the message?

Hi Caribill,

When you go to post a message or reply, the editor has a Paper Clip Symbol(Next to the White Smiley Face), that is for Managing Attachments.:) (BTW, The PIC needs to be on your Computer & you need to know where it is;) ) Then you Browse your computer, Pick the PIC:D & Upload. Then you insert:cool: It's That Easy!:eek:

My Best!

jot Bill

To all of you posters on the Golden! Good morning! Have enjoyed all the pics and posts. I'm not sure we will ever get to Antarctica, but feel like I've been there now!

Am logging off as we need to pack - are leaving tonight! Will see you all on the Golden in Valpo.

Ann and Phill

Good Morning Golden Cruisers

Welcome to Puerto Montt. Wishes for a lovely day.

We ended up negotiating a private tour here, which was awesome:

2933947750014024534RyysUw_th.jpg2786102410014024534KBWXfR_th.jpg2626635160014024534znxETG_th.jpg2008725380014024534DHavjD_th.jpg

Congratulations Tony ;) I aspire to do as you do.

Cathy

PS Ann&Phil - Bon Voyage - got room for me???

According to the itinerary they arrive in Santiago (Valparaiso) Chile 6:00 am Monday the 20th . Then it departs from there at 6:00 pm the 20th and arrives in San Francisco 23 day's later. I believe it's April 11.

Dianne

I'm with you about the Pepsi situation...wish the ships didn't only have Coca-Cola products..why not a selection....and all the mainstream ships are the same in their offerings...what's up with that :confused: I bring my own (when possible).

If someone sees Tony...please congratulate him on winning Most Travelled Passenger! Did he win his favourite bottle of champagne as his gift? I hope so!!

Thank you again for all your pictures and first-hand reportings of the wonderful tours you're all taking....the snow down there looks far more interesting than the snow up here.....LOL

Keep up the great work.

Joyce :D

According to the itinerary they arrive in Santiago (Valparaiso) Chile 6:00 am Monday the 20th . Then it departs from there at 6:00 pm the 20th and arrives in San Francisco 23 day's later. I believe it's April 11.

Dianne

Actually it Arrives/Departs at Santiago on Tuesday March 20th.

Arrives 6am/Departs 11pm at Acapulco, Mexico on Thursday April 5th.(for another possible Leg)

& then Arrives 6am at San Francisco on Thursday April 12th.

My Best!

Jot Bill:)

Thanks everyone (both on and off the ship) for the great postings. It sounds like a fabulous cruise. The tours sound absolutely wonderful and the pictures add to the feeling of being there. Thanks to all the cruisers who are taking the time to do this live from. I can hardly wait for the next installment.:D

Congrats Tony on being the Most Travelled.

Actually it Arrives/Departs at Santiago on Tuesday March 20th.

Arrives 6am/Departs 11pm at Acapulco, Mexico on Thursday April 5th.(for another possible Leg)

& then Arrives 6am at San Francisco on Thursday April 12th.My Best!JotBill:)

Thanks Bill, Usually I'm a day late and a dollar short. Should of known an account would have the correct numbers:D When I checked the itinerary at princess all I saw was 23 days March 20th departure:o

Dianne

Hello everyone on the Golden and thanks again for the wonderful posts. You really made this cruise come alive! If one of you gets a chanve might you ask Tony to drop me an email to mommykim at yahoo dot com so that I might ask him about the kids club priograms I am hoping he's getting for me? I would really appreciate it.

Dianne, I'm sorry:o , I didn't mean to find fault, just didn't want anyone to get confused:confused:

Jot Bill;)

Bill, Please I didn't mind at all in fact you made my day I have something I don't want to do happening on the 20th which I thought was Monday. Now I have another day to get out of it!:D

Before you leave your SA cruise I wanted to thank all of you that have posted. Last October we booked a SA cruise from BA to Santiago for February 2008. I have really enjoyed reading all of these posts and now have to wait 10 1/2 months before we sail. :eek:

SunViking, when you get home can you tell us some more about your estancia tour in Montevideo?

Thanks again for the "Live From ....." and all the time you put into this so we could enjoy this cruise also.

Archived