Chankanaab Nature Park kid lagoon area??

fatcat04

We have been looking at doing our own trip (via cab) to Chankanaab Nature Park with our 5 year old son.

I have heard and seen pictures of what look slike a kiddie lagoon/beach area for little ones to enjoy.

Can anyone tell me anything specifically about this area? What did you and your kids think?

Thanks

~~Kari :)

We were just there... we saw this area, but didnt go in. There were many men working and cleaning the whole area when we were there. Maybe if we had gone back later in the day ... They may have just still been cleaning it during the morning hours. It did look nice though...

The pools were also very nice for the kids there too!!!! We had a great time at the park. ( we were there to do the dolphin swim... so when it was time for that... we didnt see much else)

We were just there... we saw this area, but didnt go in. There were many men working and cleaning the whole area when we were there. Maybe if we had gone back later in the day ... They may have just still been cleaning it during the morning hours. It did look nice though...

The pools were also very nice for the kids there too!!!! We had a great time at the park. ( we were there to do the dolphin swim... so when it was time for that... we didnt see much else)

They have pools?? I didn't know that. Cool. :D

We have a 5 year old that has not spent a ton of time in the water as where we live pools are only open from maybe May-August. He is a good doggie paddler and we always put a swimmy vest on him when he is in a pool or the ocean, just to be safe. I am just hoping this is a good place, not too deep or rocky near the shore, so he can play in the sand and water and maybe with our help can swim around a bit. We are bringing his snorkel gear.

Cozumel excursions kind of confuse me as we want some water time with our son but also want to avoid some of the spring break heavy "party" beaches.

They have a lovely, sheltered lagoon area that's protected from the waves (although there are seldom any on the west side of the island anyway.) It's actually nicer than before Wilma hit. They did a great job of rebuilding it with a really nice wood climbing set with a bridge and everything. Plenty of shade. A place for adults to sit and have a drink while keeping close tabs on the children. I really liked the looks of it myself. I'd go there with a five in a minute. Good choice.

Carey on Cozumel

cozumelmycozumel.com

Thanks so much.

BTW, I have enjoyed your website quite a bit.. lots of helpful stuff there.

We really didn't want to do a set cruise ship tour as that is not our thing so info like your site has been great!!

We love Mexico and hubbie has passible Spanish so we had hoped to try out some of your off the beaten path shopping tips. That and hunt down several bottles of the divine Dobel :p lol!!

Thanks again!!

just be aware that the lagoon is the only place that has a zero depth sand entrance... the main ocean area is accessible only by rock stairs down into the water. It is mostly calm... but can be a bit frightening for younger children... not recommended for very young children.

The pools have very shallow areas and are very clean!!! Lounge chairs all around the pool... and you can watch the dolphins from the pool area.

Archived