Can you add passengers after final payment?

DeeCT

Hi all....

I was hoping someone will be able to answer this question for me. My husband and I are booked in the 5/13 spirit sailing. My parents were going to watch our children while we celebrated our 15 wedding anniversary. But unfourtantly, my Dad passed away the 23rd of Feb. My mother is now not sure she will be up to watching my lil monsters all alone.. sooooo can I now add them to our cabin if I am unable to find other arrangements?

Thanks

Dee

We did on the Pearl. With our cabin we could add people. We added 2 people 2 weeks ago. Check the number of people your cabin can hold. Our final payment was 2/5/07. You do need to make payment right then.:)

last sept, after booking 4 rooms...1 balcony for 2, 1 insde for 2, 1 oceanview for 2 and 1 insided as a single..

we could not add my MIL to any of these room. life boat were full.

when the number of passenagers = seat on life boats..ship is full.

My condolences on the loss of your father. :(

It all depends upon the room availability on the ship, and if they have cabins available to meet your party size. NCL is ODD in that many of their LARGEST suites they only limit to two. The triple and quad cabins can go quickly.

I would call NCL or your TA tomorrow and even see about the possibility of adding your children, based on cabin availability and how full the ship is...that will give you an answer as to how quickly your decision should be made.

last sept, after booking 4 rooms...1 balcony for 2, 1 insde for 2, 1 oceanview for 2 and 1 insided as a single..

we could not add my MIL to any of these room. life boat were full.

when the number of passenagers = seat on life boats..ship is full.

This also changes from day to day. We were on the Dawn a few years ago. One of our friends wanted to go with his two kids. This was a few months before booking. They wouldn't allow more than two to any room at that time. We took a passenger out of a quad and rebooked him to a double with one of the kids.

Then at some point after final payment we added another passenger to one of the triples. I won't go into the details, but we ended up with all kinds of people booked in rooms where they didn't end up sleeping. In fact we would have actually had an empty room but my BIL ended up by himself to give his wife a break from his snoring.

thanks so much for your quick replys... I asked a good friend of mine and she is asking for the time off ( thank god!!) a good thing! Celebrating a anniversary with 2 kids in a inside cabin is not romantic in the least!!! well, thanks again and keep your fingers crossed for me.. BTW it looks like this sailing isn't selling real fast at the moment so hopefully if I need to add them there will be some room

Dee

To "cruizinwithkids"

"but we ended up with all kinds of people booked in rooms where they didn't end up sleeping"

We have 3 rooms/6 people. 2 decided after payment they wanted to switch rooms. I called NCL, they said it would be easier to just swap key cards. I can't help but think this will create a problem when leaving/returning to ship when in ports. Don't they verify your photo on the computer when they swipe your card? Does this mean every time we leave ship, or those that have switched want to shop on board they have to switch the keys back again. Am I concerning myself about a non-issue? Since you've experienced a similar situation, what are your thoughts or suggestions?

To "cruizinwithkids"

"but we ended up with all kinds of people booked in rooms where they didn't end up sleeping"

We have 3 rooms/6 people. 2 decided after payment they wanted to switch rooms. I called NCL, they said it would be easier to just swap key cards. I can't help but think this will create a problem when leaving/returning to ship when in ports. Don't they verify your photo on the computer when they swipe your card? Does this mean every time we leave ship, or those that have switched want to shop on board they have to switch the keys back again. Am I concerning myself about a non-issue? Since you've experienced a similar situation, what are your thoughts or suggestions?

This is done quite often. Upon boarding go tot he pursar to have the cards changed. Won't be a problem.

about extra room keys.

we had my FIL across the hall, we had a balcony. with his health issues we wanted him to be able to use our room on days he didn't do anything. (didn't want him stuck in a insider). we just went to the purser's desk, with him. got a plain card, not tied to any credit cards..like a hotel room key. didn't even have the room number on it, worked good. he kepted it in his pocket, just knowing he could get into our room in needed made us feel better.

thanks so much for your quick replys... I asked a good friend of mine and she is asking for the time off ( thank god!!) a good thing! Celebrating a anniversary with 2 kids in a inside cabin is not romantic in the least!!! well, thanks again and keep your fingers crossed for me.. BTW it looks like this sailing isn't selling real fast at the moment so hopefully if I need to add them there will be some room

Dee

I'm so sorry about your loss. I know how it feels as my dad passed away suddenly 8 years ago this past February. There's no way my mom would have been up to taking care of youngsters for a while after that.

I venture to guess that this cruise is exactly what you need to recharge and help recover. Was your dad the type of man who would want you to just get on out there and celebrate life like mine was? If so, please order your favorite drink, make a toast in his honor and celebration of his life, and have the time of your lives.

You've got a good friend there. I hope you can work it out. Several years ago my DH and I watched our best friends' two kids (they were 8 and 6 at the time) while they went to Hawaii for a week to celebrate their anniversary. It was the first trip for just the two of them since the kids were born. The kids had a great time with us; the parents got to reconnect. It was kind of funny because their mom felt the need to check in every evening, but by the fourth night her DS didn't want to come to the phone because "I'm too busy having fun." I reminded mom that they missed her, but that they also were having an adventure with us.

Congratulations on your anniversary, and I am very sorry about your loss. I'm sure you are a great comfort to your mom right now.

beachchick

beachchick & cruisequeen.. thank you soo very much for you kind words.. I do appreciate them!

I know my friend is wonderful! She knows how much I need this vacay!

and yes my Dad would never want me to mourn him for very long.. he always said don't cry for me have a party.. so I plan on making him happy!

Dee

To the OP, I am so sorry for your loss.

To "cruizinwithkids"

Oh, yea... this definitely does cause problems leaving/returining to the ship. Always had to make sure the right person had the right card. I read on these boards that you can get them change once you are on the ship but I don't know who you would ask.

beachchick & cruisequeen.. thank you soo very much for you kind words.. I do appreciate them!

and yes my Dad would never want me to mourn him for very long.. he always said don't cry for me have a party.. so I plan on making him happy!

Dee

Good for you. Be well.

beachchick

Oh, yea... this definitely does cause problems leaving/returining to the ship. Always had to make sure the right person had the right card. I read on these boards that you can get them change once you are on the ship but I don't know who you would ask.

You can get blank key cards - room entry only. I'm pretty sure the actually card with info and entry can be changed at the pursers desk.

You can get blank key cards - room entry only. I'm pretty sure the actually card with info and entry can be changed at the pursers desk.

Thanks. We will want to get an extra key card for my niece.

Dee

So sorry for your loss. not that this has to do with cruising, but I lost my father in August quite suddenly. My parents have 22 grandkids. So nice of your friend to offer, but my advice is try to have your mom have the option to share in some "responsibility" too. Sometimes being busy with helping us with our kids (btw we dont really need the help since my siblings have always been quick to help to help each other out) has been the best therapy for my mother. Enjoy your cruise and toast one for your Dad. My father was the same way, the most honor we can give him is to be happy each day!

Dee, I lost my dear father at a young age, 26 years ago...and he would have said the exact same thing. :)

Hope your friends are able to take care of your children so you and your husband can enjoy a proper anniversary.

Archived