Changing dinner time as soon as boarding

olechka

I've read that you can try to change your dinner time as soon as you board. Someone (matre'd?) stands in a public area and you can try to see if they accomodate you.

We're on Zudeirdam on March 24.

Where do we look for this "person" to make changes? A certain lounge?

Thanks!

When we tried to change the people gathered in the Explorer's lounge. You had to take a ticket when you first got there and they call you by number. There were A LOT OF PEOPLE there! We found out where to meet by asking at the front desk.

Mary

I've changed a couple of times. Once the maitre d' was in the library (with his assistant), the other time in the dining room. There was no information about the location and some passing staff had no idea where they would be - I just wandered around until I found them. Once I was first in line and another time a few back from first, so I was able to have my requests granted:) , but if there are a lot of requests, not all can be accomodated, so getting there early does matter.

On my upcoming cruise, I'll be going to my cabin as soon as possible to find my dining assignment card, then to the dining room to see where I've been seated. It would be nice if my request through my TA were granted, but I'm not counting on it.

On my upcoming cruise, I'll be going to my cabin as soon as possible to find my dining assignment card,

You may not have to rush: on the Veendam in Dec we were given our table assignment card in the packet at the check in desk. On other ships recently the table assignment has been printed on the room keycard.

Has anyone ever tried to do unofficial trading of tables while waiting to see the Dining Room Manager (formerly called the Maitre d') on-board?

You may not have to rush: on the Veendam in Dec we were given our table assignment card in the packet at the check in desk. On other ships recently the table assignment has been printed on the room keycard.

Has anyone ever tried to do unofficial trading of tables while waiting to see the Dining Room Manager (formerly called the Maitre d') on-board?

On a recent Noordam sailing, we were given the table assignment card in the packet before we boarded!

On Westerdam, we went immediately to do this and were third in line. It does take some time as sometimes, the people in front of you seem to need a lot of time to evaluate their options. We found that he was very helpful, which I guess means that we got we asked for. There was a very large crowd by the time we left so I really would advise trying to check in for the cruise asap and getting to the matire d' at your first opportunity.

Archived