RCCL Transfers - Question

christygobar

I booked the Sheraton along with my cruise through RCCL, so I know pre-cruise transfers are included. But everything I've seen references the transfer from the hotel to the pier. Am I responsible for getting myself from the airport to the Sheraton? What time do they pick you up from the hotel?

Also, how easy is it to get around the San Juan airport?

Thanks!

Did you buy the air through RCCL? If you bought the whole package, you will get a transfer from the air port to the hotel and then from the hotel to the pier and then back to the airport after the cruise.

When you check in at the hotel, they will tell you what time to be at the front desk for the shuttle. If it's going to be after check out, you can check your luggage at the front desk and do some exploring since most of the ships do not start loading till later.

Last year, we just checked our luggage and then used the pool area until it was time to go to the pier.

The San Juan Airport is very easy to get around in.

Some people say it's a mess some say it's fine, I think it's like any airport, depends on the number of passenger coming in at that time. We stayed at the Sheraton the last time we were in San Juan. I kid you not, we got off the plane and were to the hotel in 30 min. Grab a porter when you go to claim your bags and they will get you to the taxi. We paid $16.00 with 6 bags (luggage and dive equipment) plus tip. Very easy. Set fare from zone to zone. Have a great trip!

You will be responsible to get a taxi from airport to the hotel.

We originally booked air, hotel and cruise and due to a big mess up (both by the airlines and RCI) we ended up cancelling our air and booking ourselves. We then had to get our own transportation to the hotel.

We did still have a transfer from the hotel to the pier. We waited (with a group of others at our hotel) for over an hour for the transfer to show up from the scheduled time for pickup.... we got fed up and took a taxi. I don't know if the others did or not.....

I now book my own airfare, my own hotel, take taxis and just book the cruise through RCI. Just works better for me.

Christy: They have a super system for taxis at the airport. Look for the Taxi sign and there will be a kiosk outside. Tell the rep where you are going and they write up a "ticket" for you. It is a two parter and you give the driver one part and keep the other for receipt. It will have the price of your fare - so no surprises.....

The taxi fares are regulated by the govt. and very reasonable ....

and they are everywhere.

Archived