grand princess childcare age restrictions

goldpenny

I don't know what the age of the clubs are for Princess. That is one line we've never done yet. But from the sounds of your post, the 8 year olds are with the 10 year olds (on Carnival it's 2-5, 6-8, 9-12) (RCCL it's 3-5, 6-8, 9-12)?

So your child will be 8 soon after the sailing?

ALl you can do is ask. It REALLY is up to the counselors. I have seen many people ask here about it. I have seen parents actually arguing with the couselors on board. But all you can do is try.

Princess' age groups are three to seven and eight to twelve. Cruise rules are hard and fast for ages---the age you are on the first day of the cruise is the age you are for the entire cruise. They don't care if you have a birthday two days after the cruise starts or a month after, they have their rules and they tend to keep them. If you're cruising during a busy kid time, they do enforce the rules strictly. If there aren't all that many kids, they might tend to bend the rules, but from my experience on Princess, they seem to be one of the strictest for following the age rules. You can ask, but don't be surprised if they say no.

Princess' age groups are three to seven and eight to twelve. Cruise rules are hard and fast for ages---the age you are on the first day of the cruise is the age you are for the entire cruise. They don't care if you have a birthday two days after the cruise starts or a month after, they have their rules and they tend to keep them.

Yeah I have never done Princess so I didn't know how strict they were. They do bend the rules on Disney and Carnival. We always travel on my kid's birthdays so on the Disney ship my oldest was turning 5 that year on the cruise. The counselors ask her to come to the youngest class first to try it, then try the older class. And she could choose the class she wanted to stay in. She chose the younger class cause it had more interactions with the characters.

Archived