Is there good snorkeling on Labadee???

PaddleAddict

Its just okay. We were there last year and if you just want to snorkel to say you snorkeled, its would be okay to do it there. Personally, we have snorkeled in both St. Thomas and St. Martin and those were both fantastic excursions. In St. Thomas, we rented a private yacht and they took us sailing and then snorkeling, and the first mate came in the water with out and pointed out sea urchants, and turtles, and sting rays, and brought up some star fish. It is much more exciting and interesting when you have somebody with who knows what and where things are then to just snorkle on your own. Hope that helps.

I wouldn't waste the time or the money. My wife and I just returned from the Freedom today. We snorkeled at Labadee with our own equipment, we were in the water for over a half hour each and saw a total of FIVE very small fish. The water gets so stirred up from all the swimmers that visibility is really bad. There are many better places to snorkel on both the eastern and western caribbean routes.

• 4 weeks later...
I want to snorkel at some point and see lots of pretty tropical fish. How's the snorkeling on Labadee?

not very good.. go to the snorkel/scuba board to check the best snorkeling at some of your other ports on your cruise.

Archived