Penthouse and family?

Gabgab

This I think has been mentioned but I could not find it with a search.

If my parents get a penthouse and then me and my boyfriend get a inside room near it. Will that mean we get to go in the suite line, early tender tickets and those kind of penthouse perks because my parents want to use full benfits of penthouse but dont want to be split up from us. If we cant then my parents my just get a mini suite to save some moeny.

If my parents get a penthouse and then me and my boyfriend get a inside room near it. Will that mean we get to go in the suite line, early tender tickets and those kind of penthouse perks because my parents want to use full benfits of penthouse but dont want to be split up from us. If we cant then my parents my just get a mini suite to save some moeny.

You can go through the suite line and thats it.! No other perks unless you stay in a Suite

When we were in the Dawn AB, we were ttravelling with 2 other couples. The first day the concierge asked us if anyone else was wioth us for our dinner reservations. He then automatically included them with us for all things except the Captain's cocktail party. We did not solicit this, he took it upon himself to do this and we appreciated it, and tipped him accordingly.

Priority embarkation as a family, no problem. Restaurant reservations, should be no problem making them for the whole family. Serving all of you breakfast or dinner in their suite, probably no problem unless you expect their butler to spend a ton of extra time on you. Tender tickets, maybe, but they are supposed to be for suite guests and other "VIP"s only; however, it might be fine in order to keep your family together.

My mom and her best friend cruised in a balcony with her best friend's DD and SIL, who were in a penthouse. The embarkation, reservations, and breakfast en suite were the three things that the butler did for all four of them. My mom didn't mention tendering to me (I don't even remember if they had a tender port that cruise). It may have made a difference that my mom and her friend are "mature" ladies, and thus now considered on the opposite level as minor children--You know, how it's true that eventually you and your parents reverse roles. Both ladies live independently and are very self-sufficient, but both have adult kids living close by to help out with all the things they need help doing now.

Things like the little plates of goodies, extra service, and such, not unless you join your parents in their suite and they share theirs with you. Things like the sparkling wine, flowers, and bottled water that are in the suite will only be in the suite. Invite to the VIP party, no. Butler service of any kind in your inside cabin, no.

The real bottom line though is that if your parents want you to have all the same benefits of a suite that they do, then they need to book you into a suite (or whomever is paying; I'm assuming your parents, but I probably shouldn't assume). Suite pax have paid a premium for the extra amenities and extra service. Except for the things mentioned (such as embarkation), you shouldn't expect to get free what others pay for, especially if it takes the butler's time away from other suite pax.

(I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, honest. And I'm not sure if you are inquiring about getting full suite service; you may not be. You ask about "embarkation" and "tender" and "those kind" of things, which leads me to believe that you may be asking only about those specific benefits. I just don't know.)

beachchick

When you meet the Concierge, have your parents introduce you to him/her. After that you will be included in all the extras.

We traveled with a co-worker and her mom. We kep them with us at the VIP area and introduced them to Claudio on the pier and that was it. They got the VIP treatment from then on.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

When you meet the Concierge, have your parents introduce you to him/her. After that you will be included in all the extras.

We traveled with a co-worker and her mom. We kep them with us at the VIP area and introduced them to Claudio on the pier and that was it. They got the VIP treatment from then on.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

IMHO I find this odd the people in mini-suites hardly get any services or extras from the concierge, but they would give friends and family of suite guests in other cabin the same VIP PERKS. I just don't think that is right.

Thanks for the responses. Mostly we were just worried with line, resturant reservations, and tender tickets sence these are the things that will split us up and my parents get worried about these sort of things. Like if we went into seperate lines and they boared the ship and there was somthing wrong with my paper work, ect.. and my paerents would not be able to be there to help. The main issue will be schedualeing shore excrusions if we are cannot go together. I guess my parents can always just give up there pority tender tickets and just go when ever we get tickets. They just dont want to pay for perks and not use them because me.

Two years ago on the Sun to Alaska, my daughter and her husband were in a balcony cabin, my husband and I had a AB Penthouse suite. Showed our suite tickets to NCL staff and we were all taken right away and were one of the first people on ship. So they got the perks too.

IMHO I find this odd the people in mini-suites hardly get any services or extras from the concierge, but they would give friends and family of suite guests in other cabin the same VIP PERKS. I just don't think that is right.

I have to agree. I don't have a problem with things like the reservations for dinner or embarkation to keep the family together, but the other perks? No. It's true that pax in mini-suites are supposed to have concierge service, but that they are considered very low priority. It is disconcerting to think that it's partly because the friends, who are staying in say an inside cabin, of suite guests are getting the suite perks as well. There is a basic issue of fairness here.

beachchick

I think it would help alot to change the name of Mini-Suites. Getting rid of the "suite" part would clear up much confusion between penthouses and mini-suites. They could still list concierge services as available for the mini's. In all reality, the difference between a Mini-Suite and a balcony room is very little. But the difference between a Mini-Suite and a Penthouse is large. The suite part I think implies extras.

I think it would help alot to change the name of Mini-Suites. Getting rid of the "suite" part would clear up much confusion between penthouses and mini-suites. They could still list concierge services as available for the mini's. In all reality, the difference between a Mini-Suite and a balcony room is very little. But the difference between a Mini-Suite and a Penthouse is large. The suite part I think implies extras.

I agree, maybe they should just call them deluxe balconys?

True, the name could be changed to something that reflects the cabin amenities, such as deluxe balcony or large balcony or something like that.

But the point here is that the mini-suites are listed as having a small number of perks. They are supposed to have concierge service, but if the concierge is busy being nice by offering those perks to friends/family of suite pax (when the friends/family are not cruising in cabins that qualify for concierge service), then mini-suite pax could justifiably be angry about the situation. "Sorry, I can't take care of you in a mini-suite because I'm taking care of someone in an inside who just happens to be cruising with someone who's in a suite..." would not go over well with me.

beachchick

Archived