Who has the largest BAR BILL (wine, beer and mixed drinks) on their last cruise?

When my DD and I cruise a typical bar bill is always over $500 - when you start with a drink of the day or two by the pool - two or so with dinner - whenl watching the show and then late night of the bar it is easy to have 6 or seven drinks in one day x2 x7 is 84 drinks at least in one week - I trend to work hard -60-70 hours a week and I play hard.

So what we do - I save all my change and once a year when we cruise I cash it in always around 600-700 dollars - enough or close to pay the bar bill -- No worries

Debbie

About 300 for two for 7 days.. we think some of you have serious drinking issues, except for BobBeSea!! LOL

This time we are taking the kids so will be a bit higher as we will let them get some special treats( virgin drinks and ice cream)

Thank you....I think :D

HAL for 10 nights just after Thanksgiving.:) We brought a case of wine with us.:D Bar bill for two still equaled one person's balcony cabin fare.:eek: A new personal best.:rolleyes:

This is what we want to hear, cruisers "being all that they can be", constantly striving for new records. You should be proud. I think I'm tearing up just now....LOL

Last year my DDA (DEAR DEAR AUNT) treated our family of 42 to a family reunion cruise. Since she has everything she needs, and enjoys a nip or two now and then, I collected $600 from the family to pay for her drinks on the cruise. When I went to the purser to ask what her bar bill total was, he told me $1,495!

When I checked in with my aunt, she said her bar bill was $14.95! Her roomate had been charging all of the drinks! Phew!

We're almost like Steamboatin. We just did back-to-backs on the Crown and for 14 days, not counting Coke cards, our bar will was less than $10. However, in St. Maarten the jewelry bill was about $3200.

This makes me glad to be clean and sober! I'm now perfectly happy with iced tea, coffee and juice...and having money to put toward my NEXT cruise! Plus, now I come home with actual MEMORIES of my trips...unlike the old drinking days(I went where when and did what?!!).

We love a bottle of wine every night with dinner. Other than a couple of mixed drinks throughout the week, we don't drink much else. Our last 7 night cruise, the bar bill was around $350 for the week, $280 of it was for wine.

Our whole onboard account was only around $600, so almost half of it was wine. We very much enjoyed our dinners.

Before I found AA, my bar bill on a NCL 7 day was $1,000. Wow, what a drunk!:(

From all these "braggards" that exceed even your passed bar bill, sounds like you will be meeting many more new "Friends of Bill W." ;)

Best of wishes on your continued success with the "program. :)

HAL for 10 nights just after Thanksgiving.:) We brought a case of wine with us.:D Bar bill for two still equaled one person's balcony cabin fare.:eek: A new personal best.:rolleyes:

You are my hero.:D It's a shame that some people think just b/c you're on a 7 day party a big bar bill means that you're an alcoholic. We're allowed to have fun people!

• 1 month later...

:confused: :confused: who cares how much my bar bill is.if i want a drink i order one if i want two i order 2.and at the end of the week i pay it.so it usally between $500 and $1000.:p had a friend about 20 years ago when we went on a cruise when you used to sign for them,they had to knock on his door the last night to give him his bill because it wouldnt fit under the door. it was $1200 and that was only drinks.

We are among the few with the little bar bills one virgin drink $4.95. But those iced coffees from the coffee shop sure do add up ;)

I'm w/you Buddyjo, I'll let you know how it goes on the Inspiration starting tom. Plan to spend tons on massages and gifts to myself made of gold!

Bar Bill=$0!:)

Archived