Adding Passengers to a cabin

It depends, a ship can hold only total x number of people and if they have a lot of 3rd and 4th passengers that have maxed out up to that x number, then they can't be added. So there might be empty cabins but they can't go over the max number.

On my last cruise on Majesty I booked and paid for my stateroom for a solo traveller. 48 hours before the cruise I decided to bring my nephew who is 14. I phoned RCL to find out how much extra it would be and was told that it was free of charge (other than gratituities and tax). I suspect that is because I probably paid a 100% supplement for being solo originally.

My dad travels as a single usually. One cruise he wanted to add a 2nd person as he was paying the cost for 2 except for the port charges for the

2nd person. When he called RCI, he was told he couldn't add another person as the ship was sailing full and that they couldn't add any more passengers.

I know that seems strange, but the ships can only hold a certain number of people, and if those numbers are used by 3rd and 4th passengers in other cabins, then even in a double, if originally booked as a single, the 2nd person might not be able to be added.

Now, if he thinks there is any possibility of adding someone, he does it when he books the cruise. He can always change it before final payment to just 1. I don't know if a 3rd, 4th would be able to be added to the OP's cabin even if there is enough room. I would call RCI and see what they have to say. Just because there is room for sleeping for extra people, doesn't mean the ship will allow them.

Katie

What I am reading is that 2 of you are already booked into an ocean view cabin and want to add three more. If that is the case, the room cannot accomodate 5 people. Only select rooms can and you would have to call RCCI for that.

Archived