Choice spot on Crown to chill for Adults

tron3737

We just got back from a cruise 2/24-3/3 and on the first day we found our way to the very back of the boat deck 15 Lido. There was a small yet never crowded pool full bar and plenty of service during most times of the day & night. This spot became the defacto place to meet/hang out amongst the 36 of us cruising for my sister's wedding on St. Thomas. On our intial "discovery" we met an Englishman from Notingham. He was on his second week and said that this was the prime place to be. Quiet, relaxing, NO KIDS, no loud or shrewd passengers. We quickly agreed. In the evenings after dinner this spot was quite empty and a nice place to sit & chill out. During the morning it was quite poplular to have breakfast and take in the new port of call. The only complaint I could make of this spot was that there was only one bartender + one barkeep @ any given time day or night. And @ times a second would have been truly appreciated ( I'm sure the bartenders would agree as well, they work hard trying theyr'e best to keep up) Yet during the slow nights, they were more than willing to conversate with any. Also a choice place to be when the ship leaves port especially on that first night!:cool:

We were on our first trip to Europe in September on the Golden Princess - a Med/Greek Isle cruise. It was very port intensive, and each day after returning to the ship - our group of 8 found ourselves at the aft pool and bar to chill out, relax, have a drink and enjoy sailaway from the port of that day.

I appreciate your post, but I think we shouldn't really tell too many people about how nice this area is. We don't want to ruin it for ourselves!!! :)

We will be on the Crown in 5 weeks, and our Cruise Critic group is going to meet at the aft pool bar on Embarkation Day. We chose this location, because like you said - it's quiet and not too many folks find the place.

I hope it stays that way!

We just got back from a cruise 2/24-3/3 and on the first day we found our way to the very back of the boat deck 15 Lido. There was a small yet never crowded pool full bar and plenty of service during most times of the day & night. This spot became the defacto place to meet/hang out amongst the 36 of us cruising for my sister's wedding on St. Thomas. On our intial "discovery" we met an Englishman from Notingham. He was on his second week and said that this was the prime place to be. Quiet, relaxing, NO KIDS, no loud or shrewd passengers. We quickly agreed. In the evenings after dinner this spot was quite empty and a nice place to sit & chill out. During the morning it was quite poplular to have breakfast and take in the new port of call. The only complaint I could make of this spot was that there was only one bartender + one barkeep @ any given time day or night. And @ times a second would have been truly appreciated ( I'm sure the bartenders would agree as well, they work hard trying theyr'e best to keep up) Yet during the slow nights, they were more than willing to conversate with any. Also a choice place to be when the ship leaves port especially on that first night!:cool:

We are crusiing with our DD (7 y.o.) on the Crown. Fortunately, she really has a great time at the kids' club, giving us some time by ourselves. We're in a suite on the back of the ship, so the aft pool really works for us. Also, while we love our DD, we do appreciate "adult" time.

FYI, we are not parents who feel that our child is entitled to be everywhere on the ship - we appreciate child-free zones as well!!! She also appreciates the parent-free zones!

Cheers to all!

We love the Terrace Pool area also which we enjoyed on both the Golden + Crown. One afternoon on the Golden we relaxed in the lounge chairs against the rail as we left St. Thomas. We headed straight out of port for many miles. The sun slowly set just off to the left while all the lights on St T. slowly twinkled on and became brighter and brighter as the sun set along with the spectacular colors in the sky. Just a priceless moment enjoyed with DW that I always will remember.

Steve

Archived