Anyone stay at the Best Western Marina Inn & Yacht Harbor in Ft. Lauderdale?

BabySam99

I'd strongly recommend another hotel. This property has earned a place on my "do not stay at for any price list" due to numerous and consistent complaints about service, housekeeping, accounting and even safety issues. Often you can get a hotel at a lower price and a MUCH higher quality through Priceline and/or Hotwire.

I am a little concerned about that review. We are booked there for the end of March 2005. It got 2 stars in Mobile Travel Guide and a good review from AAA. Has anyone been there recently that can let us know?

We stayed there July 2003 and I certainly would not recommend it! Found the hotel to be dirty, food in the restaurant was very bad, no stores or restaurants anywhere in the area. It is located right along the water so you can see the cruiseships from there, but the hotel was not a good experience for any of our party of 14. There are other places in the area that get good reviews.

Hi Sultan!

I've been so busy haven't had time to be on the boards much the past couple months. Thanks for your kind words. I'm still around! Anyone can feel free to look in my profile for email address :)

Cruise Critic hasn't restricted me in any way. While there are very appropriate rules regarding links, they encourage the use of company names in signatures. I support that as it keeps CC from becoming just a commercial for this company/service or that and a more pleasurable place for us all to be!

I stayed there in April 2004 and again in May 2004 and I have booked it again for December. I found the hotel to be quite satisfactory for our needs - a clean place to sleep, close to the port, easy access for taxis (including water taxi). I have not had any problem with cleanliness or service. There is a liquor store and convenience store right around the corner, within walking distance. There are no restaurants within walking distance, other than the restaurant inside the hotel lobby.

I would not recommend this facility under any circumstances. The room was quoted as "recently renovated" but Not, bed rails coming apart, room not very clean, noisy after 11 pm, and continental breakfast was borderline, at best. The attitude of staff was "that's the way it is" sorry. We paid for two upgraded rooms on the waterside, but "they made a mistake and gave them to someone else!" The AAA guide does rate this facility but my guess is, they have not checked this one out in a while.

It does have a view of some of the ships. However, as Burbunny says, you can do much better and I feel she is right on target!

I Like Ships....Thanks...I am only staying one night, but I still think that a hotel should be nice considering I am paying 110.00 per night. I can probably do MUCH better using priceline.

Thanks everyone for the info. :D

Thank you all for your input. I did try calling other hotels in the area they are booked or going for $269-$289 per night. I am going the week after Easter need I say more......Tylara you say you were there this past May and you found it ok, I guess I will just have to cross my fingers.

We stayed at this hotel in 1996 and would not stay there again. Old, not clean and the shuttle was not well handled. It seems to have gone hill since then.

Have you checked out hotels near the airport? They may be cheaper than downtown. We stayed at Spring Hill Suites and it was fine. They had a shuttle to the ship and cabs in Ft. Lauderdale are pretty cheap.

Thanks Sherri...I will look into that. You say they have a shuttle to the ship? Is it free or is there a fee? Thanks again!

I think it may have been free but we tipped about $5.00 per person or more. I think a cab would have been in that range.

Archived