What about this dress?

Gingee

I just got another dress in the mail from Chadwicks. Not sure if I like it better or not. It is a blue dress with sequens on top. The other dress was almost four times more expensive but gad, I don't know what to do. My daughter likes the blue one better but then I am not sure I want to take her advice on it. It seems to be a little shearer on the bottom though. hmm

I just got another dress in the mail from Chadwicks. Not sure if I like it better or not. It is a blue dress with sequens on top. The other dress was almost four times more expensive but gad, I don't know what to do. My daughter likes the blue one better but then I am not sure I want to take her advice on it. It seems to be a little shearer on the bottom though. hmm

Once I decide on a dress for a "big" event I started to make a point of not looking for anything else. I do not go into that department, store, look on line etc. otherwise I would be buying dresses till the cows come home :rolleyes: and have a whole closet full of stuff I will never wear.

This aside- I do love blue- especially if it is the that beautiful ocean color of blue. I am not that fond of black especially for a wedding. I know- lot's of people do wear it especially for evenings.

Off topic- A little story- Last year I had purchased a couple dresses for our trip for the same event ( I couldn't decide) and then at the last minute ordered two more (the same dress in 2 different colors) when they came I did not even open the package but sent them right back. This was so hard for me because I am a shoe/clothes person. My DH was even shocked. But enough was enough............

Good luck................

We need to see a photo. But, meanwhile, the blue dress is much less expensive, your daughter prefers the blue dress, and if you wear blue you won't be wearing the same colors as the groom's mother. Several factors in favor of the blue.

Well I tried it on again and it gaps a little in the neckline area and in the back by the zipper. The zipper was also a little rough pulling it up. I can see it rip the day of the wedding. It also seemed to be kind of pleated in the front which I thought looked strange. Yes I do like the color but I do have lots of blue and I am tired of it. The black dress is lighter to wear also. The top of the blue one seemed heavy for some reason. I wasn't going to order any more dresses but I had ordered this one before I found the other one. If I didn't find the other one, I might have kept this one. Crazy huh?

Well I tried it on again and it gaps a little in the neckline area and in the back by the zipper. The zipper was also a little rough pulling it up. I can see it rip the day of the wedding. It also seemed to be kind of pleated in the front which I thought looked strange.

How disappointing.

I thought the pearl top black dress really looked nice on you and you will probably get other use out of it. (Future cruises!)

None of my kids are married yet but I can sympathize with your dilemma. (I am the poster whose son graduated from Bradley last May.) I have two long gowns in my closet with tags on not worn from previous vacations!

Enjoy the wedding, I am sure you will look terrific and the day will be great- my thoughts are with you.:)

Well in a way I am glad the blue had some defects because I want to be done shopping!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want to make another decision. I did go and sit three hours today getting my hair cut shorter, shaped different and had a color job. Hope it holds for four weeks.

Gingee - I remember when you posted a pic of the pink dress (your dog was in the pic by the pool) & thought that you looked great. But this black dress is stunning on you. KEEP IT! The stark black is far enough away from your light hair & face & the pearls break up the color on top. It's fantastic. And it sounds as if you & MOG won't be twins, but you'll coordinate nicely.

Keep your hair simple & what's "you." You want to be comfortable on her day & not worry about your hair. If you haven't been trying out updo's over the past couple of months, certainly don't go for a new one on that day. When I got married my hair was waist-length. My stylist & I tried out different french braid updo, half up/down combos, you name it, every month over the course of 9 months!

Forget the kleenex - pickup a nice lace-edged hankie or 2. So much more elegant. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=38740&d=1173589588attachment.php?attachmentid=29869&d=1160166743

And I agree that the new dress showcases your beauty even more than the pink dress!

a black shawl/scarf..rhiney er's n bracelet..no nklc..toooo much going on at the neck already...and show off yer purty face!

Archived