Westerdam recently? Dining Room?

E91

We will be on the 3/18 sailing of the Westerdam and are packing and planning. Has anyone been on the ship recently who can report on which nights are formal, semi-formal, and casual? If you remember what the themes were for each night - so much the better. Thinking about making Pinnacle plans to avoid things such as Caribbean night. Thanks in advance.

Just got off Westerdam 2/25 Southern Caribbean.

First formal night was Monday, HMC day.

Wednesday, Aruba, was BBQ by the pool.

Second formal night was Friday, At Sea.

The only other theme night was Dutch Night with the funny hats, but I don't remember which night.

Have a GREAT cruise!

We were also on the 2/25 Westerdam sailing. There was no informal night, although our documents stated there would be one. There were two formals and the rest were casual. That might save you some packing. Though, at times you really couldn't tell if it was casual or informal. It was so cold in the dining room, you'll need a wrap or jacket.

We were also on the 2/25 Westerdam sailing. There was no informal night, although our documents stated there would be one. There were two formals and the rest were casual. That might save you some packing. Though, at times you really couldn't tell if it was casual or informal. It was so cold in the dining room, you'll need a wrap or jacket.

We sailed in january and this mirrored our experience. There was no mention of informal once we got to the ship.

E91,

I'll be sailing with you. Too bad the cruise docs don't mention it. I'm guessing the first sea day and then again on the Grand Turk day. I doubt they will do it the last sea day which is also the last day.

We were on the 2/11 sailing eastern second night out was the first formal night (Monday) and Friday (sea day ) was the other we did not see or have the dutch hats on dutch night. Informal is all done from my understanding and we did see about a few guys tossed one night as they went to the dining room in shorts and had to go change

Hi Mike,

Sorry I missed you at trivia, but those deck chairs are hard to get out of.

The only night we didn't make it to the dining room was Aruba. We got back to late, and had BBQ on the lido deck. So that might have been Dutch night.

Pat.

I believe dutch night for us was the night in tortola as that was the BBQ night but again didnt see the hats perhaps we were still under the norwalk virus thing it was lifted the following day

That's correct. Our friend came back from the Virgin Gorda late and just made it to inner and I recall him seeing us with the hats on.

Sure have been a lot of norwalk scares lately. Another one the other day on Ryndam.

we did the Westerdam during Pres week - we thought the dining room was excellent - we did go to the Pinnacle on dutch night - we informed our waiter (who was terrific) that we would not be at the dining room that night and his rely was "good choice" so that may be the night you decide to go to the Pinnacle - we had a terrific dinner there! Enjoy!

We will toss in that the dining room experience was ok at best and let me clarify that as well, this was our 14th cruise, 3rd on Hal, we had the worst waiter we have ever had yet we had the best head waiter we have ever had. I think that HAL does a great job but for what ever reason the wait staff on our HAL trips has been a bit sluggish. As far as the food goes, it was cruise food, great selection, great presentation, quality ok but when you are preparing 12000 meals a day on the westerdam it is not gourmet dining. But again we enjoyed our dining experience overall and had some fantastic table mates.

Archived