Best time for excursions?

linswi

I am trying to plan some of my shore excursions and can't decide what time to do them at.

Are there any pros or cons to doing them first thing in the morning or in the afternoon? Also, for morning times, if the ship is supposed to dock at 9am and the excursion starts at 9:30am, what happens if the ship docks late?

Since you are going with RCI excursions, if you dock late (a rarity) your excursion will start late. I am sure that they would make an announcement about what to do if that should happen.

I would prefer to do morning excursions so that I could shop, explore the port, or just hang out afterwards.

It will also depend on which excursion you are taking. Mornings are best for feeding wild life type excursions (Sting Ray , dolphins, whales, zoos ect). Afternoon for shopping type tours. Also, it will depend on lenght of tour some are 6 hours long and start at 10 am. some of the very short tours depends on what they are ie zip lining is usually better in afternoon (IMOP).

Archived