Just curious...

redhead05

My FIL and his 'lady friend' are booked on the Pride, 03/31-04/10---Lisbon to Rome. There seem to be threads and Roll Calls for all the other cruises, but not a mention of this one.

Do they have the ship to themselves??? or is EVERYBODY on the crossing that ends the day their's starts??!:D

Thanks for any info you might have!

Randy

Gee, and I was thinking he had suddenly become incredibly romantic and chartered the boat just for 'her'....:eek: !!

Hope you and your Mom have a wonderful time!! My Mom can't travel anymore, but we took many cruises together and she was the very best 'cruise-buddy' ever! I'm still not used to going without her, so this time I'm travelling solo...if you can call sailing with a large group of fun CC'ers being solo!!:D

Have a great time! My dear FIL is 88 yrs old, and he'll be with a small dark haired lady who loves to chat. Their category is cs, but I'm not familiar with the deck plans of Seabourn, so I don't know what that means, but I've heard all the cabins are very, very nice.:)

Happy Sailing!

I will be disembarking in Lisbon after the TA Crossing, but our

good friend, Pam Conover will be aboard, too!

I would have loved to have stayed aboard but need to fly home for a wedding.

Martita B.

(Matt, be ready for a couple of surprises~~Miss MB is "at it again!"

I will also be on the Lisbon-Rome cruise. I am looking for a "reasonable" transfer from Civitavecchia to Rome on April 10. does anyone know what Seabourn's transfer costs? Or, better yet, does anyone have an alternate idea for car and driver to Rome? (I cannot manage luggage to the train--and don't want to.) I am open to sharing transportation with others.

Thanks, Winnie

I will also be on the Lisbon-Rome cruise. I am looking for a "reasonable" transfer from Civitavecchia to Rome on April 10. does anyone know what Seabourn's transfer costs? Or, better yet, does anyone have an alternate idea for car and driver to Rome? (I cannot manage luggage to the train--and don't want to.) I am open to sharing transportation with others.

Thanks, Winnie

Winnie, my plans are to use Seabourn's transfer as it usually includes a tour. Are you staying on in Rome or heading directly to the airport? We are staying one night. Since my plans are not set in stone, I am not opposed to sharing transport.

Matt--I have e-mailed Stefano (thank you, Denyse) and will let you know when I hear from him. I am staying on in Rome for three days following our cruise; I have't been there in ages and want to watch my euros fly so much faster than did lire!

Winnie

Hi Matt (and anyone else on the Lisbon-Rome cruise)

Stefano of Romecabs quoted me a price of 120 Euros in a sedan or 130 Euros in a minivan. The sedan can accommodate three large suitcases, max, and the minivan more than that. I checked with Seabourn and was told transfer price would depend on the number of passengers disembarking in Civitavecchia and also going to Rome rather than the airport. Right now my options are open.

Winner - thanks for the info - We will only have carry-ons as we're using the valet service with our luggage. That's also interesting on the Seabourn info. I suppose they will survey the guests early in the cruie to see who's going where, how and when. When does Stefano require the booking to be made by?

Stefano is the best, and his other drivers are as well. My family has used his service 3 times and we used him to limo drive us in Rome instead of cabs for sightseeing with my 86 year old mother. He is wonderful, speaks perfect English, drives very nice vehicles and is always on time. I highly recommend him. Robbie

We just used the Seabourn coach transfers......sorry cant remember the cost (was quite a lot less than a cab or van transfer) but obviously doesn't matter how much luggage you have. We only had to book a couple of days in advance, and there were only 6 - 8 people on the coach

Archived