St. Lucia, Barbados, Dominica, Antigua,Tortola

bksunbuddies

Looking for good snorkeling near the shore. What beaches would you recommend for snorkeling. Are they close to the port? ANY info would be great! Thanks!

I've been to Dominica several times for a week at a time. The best place to snorkel is a place called "Champagne" where warm water bubbles out from the ocean floor, but you will need a car to get there. It is on the road to Scott's Head. The very tip of the island on your right at Scott's Head has a very dramatic dropoff with great snorkeling, too.

If you tour Trafalgar Falls, don't miss out getting in the "natural hot tubs" right down the trail from the observation deck. The water must be about 110 F. and a very beautiful place. It is about 15 min from dock in Roseau.

My favorite thing I did in Barbados was boogie boarding at the beach at Crane Beach Hotel. About 150 steps down a steep cliff with fabulous views and the best boogie boarding I've ever done.

Hope this helps.

Shelly

We loved the snorkling in Barbados and St. Lucia!:D Can't remember the name of the beaches we snorkeled at as it has been more than 10 yrs. since we were at those places. However, I do remember we just took a cab in Barbados to a really nice beach and rented our equipment there. In St. Lucia we were on an excursion from the ship we were on. These two places have awesome snorkeling!:)

we went to all those spots on our 2005 Caribbean cruise aboard Sea Princess. There were several ship sponsored shore excursions we took to dive/snorkel and they were all great. Try to see what your ship offers.

Antigua - On our shorex, the Antigua 1st dive spot was a bit rough, but for the most part, they were all nice. Wadadli Cats (as in the beer) in Antigua were the ones taking everyone - you might check them out separately.

Barbados - lots of turtles and even monkeys in the interior. We did a 4x4 tour and they take you thru the center of the island over to Bathsheba, back around the other side of the island and drop you at the beach, your board and go on a snorkel tour and have lunch etc - very good/clear/perfect and safe and comfortable

Tortola - We also booked a tour off Tortola and we used a private charter with Patouche. While on that tour, we went to Cooper Island and Virgin Gorda to snorkel at the Baths. We were treated like Rock Stars on "Oil and Water" .....Wonderful! Check out Patouche at

Patouche Charters

Come As Guests......Leave As Friends

Joe, Julie, Bosco & Squirt

www.patouche.com patouche@surfbvi.com

PH: 284.494.6300 FAX: 284.494.5757

Archived