Flip Flops are everywhere

nugrammy

Darn it... why is everyone distn rykersdad, when Derf is allowed to prance all over the fashion boards??? He even has his and Derfettes pic posted!! Then there's Gordonchick.. duh who names a chick Gordon?? Oh, Ok that's Carmen, and she's Gordon's chick!!

........ :) only kidding:) ........ rykersmom was too close to something else, so everyone relaxxxx it's politically correct that I'm on the fashion boards!!!!:D

And Gordonchick.. you're right, why did the poster bother reading??? Hmmm:rolleyes:

Actually, I chose my user name while waiting for NASCAR season to restart, and I'm a Jeff Gordon chick (been one since '93 or '94). Some ask how my DH feels about that, but since he's the one who bought me the gold "24" (Jeff Gordon's car #) I wear around my neck for our first anniversary, I don't worry about it.

Actually, I chose my user name while waiting for NASCAR season to restart, and I'm a Jeff Gordon chick (been one since '93 or '94). Some ask how my DH feels about that, but since he's the one who bought me the gold "24" (Jeff Gordon's car #) I wear around my neck for our first anniversary, I don't worry about it.

Now that's one man that loves his woman!! :) Now to work on Jeff!!!

I agree too that we are lucky to have feet!!!But we are even luckier if they can still wear beautiful shoes on them!!:D:D:D:D

I agree and thanks for your comment.

RE: Flip Flop definition

I always thought of flip flops as the rubber beach shoes that formally were called thongs - but led to confusion with underwear.

Leather, satin or stone encrusted sandals with a "thong like" strap in my mind were never flip flops, they're sandals.

So, IMHO, flip flops are not acceptable everywhere and look inappropriate at dinner time in the dining room.

You know it has only been the last few years that I have learned to use the term "flip flops" ,,, I heard it in Hawaii like ten years ago and thought it was just a Hawaiian term..

I have always called thongs( the beach shoe generally made of rubber) , well, thongs.. until, my boys reached about the age of eleven or twelve and they started to cringe when I'd call out from the camper, " are you wearing your thongs to the beach?" LOL

I was informed by my mortified sons that no one calls them that anymore !! I don't wear the other type of thong( most likely more info then you needed, LOL) so I just couldn't stop calling thongs, thongs, in fact it still slips out,, I am trying to use the term flip flops, but that is two silly words and thongs are one!

I do agree there are "flip flops" beach shoes, and there are definately "sandals" with a strap between the toe.

You know it has only been the last few years that I have learned to use the term "flip flops" ,,, I heard it in Hawaii like ten years ago and thought it was just a Hawaiian term..

I have always called thongs( the beach shoe generally made of rubber) , well, thongs.. until, my boys reached about the age of eleven or twelve and they started to cringe when I'd call out from the camper, " are you wearing your thongs to the beach?" LOL

I was informed by my mortified sons that no one calls them that anymore !! I don't wear the other type of thong( most likely more info then you needed, LOL) so I just couldn't stop calling thongs, thongs, in fact it still slips out,, I am trying to use the term flip flops, but that is two silly words and thongs are one!

I do agree there are "flip flops" beach shoes, and there are definately "sandals" with a strap between the toe.

Too funny, my first laugh of the day!:D I have 3 sons, so I hear you! They would feel the same definitely!!

thank you for al the feedback. You know the poem...When I get old I will wear purple. Well, I am 50, (which is old to my 14 year old) and have decided I will be wearing my, yellow box brown flip flops with pink polka dots. Which will look quite cute with my brown skirt and pink shirt.

flips flops they will adorn

my feet which are quite worn

the others may give me a look

as they gaze over the top of their book

I will smile, nod and know

I'm doing what I want

to be able to eat

in the comfort of my shoes

upon my feet.

Happy Cruising. As always thank you for making the countdown to a cruise lots of fun!

Archived