Crown or Majesty with a 18 month old

ladymanor1

My daughter and her husband are planning a vacation for this year and would love to go to Bermuda. It seems that the two NCL ships that will have that itinery at the time they want to go are the Crown or the Majesty. They will be bringing their 18 month old son with them, and where wondering what everyone here would suggest would be best suited for them, and the baby.

Any opinions?

Thanks in advance! :)

Debbie

I have sailed the Majesty to Bermuda and LOVE this cruise. And I have heard good reviews from those sailing the Crown also. Both are older, smaller ships without the glitz and glamour of larger ships so it's best to know this ahead of time. The Majesty offers an intimate ambiance that can't be beat.

The difference between these two is that the Majesty stays in St. George the entire time and to get around to other parts of the island you can get a ferry/bus pass. The Crown itinerary sails to St. George and also to Hamilton, the larger city. With a young one, maybe they'd like to have that option instead of having to cart the child around on a bus/ferry, so that might play a part in their decision.

On the other hand, spending all our days in St. George was wonderful also. It's a very laid back part of Bermuda and they may not even want the hustle and bustle of the city. There's Tobacco bay within walking distance and a few more beaches easily gotten to by cab.

Having the ship at the port was like having a hotel at the pier and this would work out well for them using either ship.

So I guess their decision would probably center around whether they would want to stay in St. George or move around with the ship to the other parts. Either way it's a beautiful place!

Archived