Confused about tipping on NCLA

mikaula

I'm going on the POH soon and I'm cnfused about tipping verses a service charge. Not sure if we can add a tip to our onboard account or do we have to tip in cash? Also, do the bar tabs have the automatic 15% or not?

I'm trying to plan ahead and want to know how much cash to have on hand.

Thanks!

We just got off the Pride of Aloha this morning. At every bar or lounge we ordered a drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic), there was not an automatic tip added. On the receipt given to you for signature there is a line for you to fill in the tip amount. The bartenders are allowed to take cash as tips. Also, in chatting with one of the bartenders, found out they and the bar servers do not share in the $10 per day tip (so tip your bartenders).

Commodore,, hope to hear how the trip went, i'm scheduled for one of the new 10 day trips around the islands in September this year.

Question. When the server takes your card and returns with the drink(s) can you write in an amount for tip that he recoups at the bar or am i going to have small bills on me for anytime and anywhere on the ship when we're buying drinks (thinking here poolside kind of tough with just bathing suit) lounges and even in the dining room (where your waiter/asst waiter may substitute as your bar server..) I'd love to think i can still do it the same way just by writing an amount and they get it back directly at the bar. Thanks and hoping to hear of your review...

Weary Traveler

Archived