Back from the 3/1 Dawn Sailing

kenteecruisin

Despite the late start, rough seas, itinerary change & missing San Juan - we had a great time!!!

Our embarkation wait was long but it went smoothly. We arrived at the pier around 12:00 and waited in the Latitudes Area. We sat down for lunch in the Venetian before 2:00 and were in our room before 3:00.

I was disappointed that the sailaway party was in the Spinnaker instead of on the pool deck but it was enjoyable. People had to run up to the deck to get their photos of the Statue of Liberty.

The activities staff is great! We especially like Ingrid who we previously met on the Dawn in August '06. Sherma was very funny as well. We were acitive participants in many events - including the poolside beer chugging at the pool & our husbands dressed up as sumo wrestlers & fairies. Great Photo ops!!!

Our favorite events of course were the martini & margarita tastings. We met a lot of friends onboard & we all met there to drink & catch up. Jose who runs the events is very funny & accommodating.

Our favorite bar waiter was Berwyn. He greeted us poolside & at the Spinnaker daily and made sure we all had our drinks & even helped up find one another when we could not find some of our friends.

We ate at Cagneys and La Trattoria twice and Salsa and Le Bistro once. The food was excellent. Our favorite was Le Bistro. The service and presentation is impeccable. And you must have the chocolate fondue.

We had a great time on all the islands. The Regatta Cup Race in St. Marten was fabulous. Our team won!!! The beach in Samana is peaceful and you must have a Coco Loco. In St. Thomas we did a private tour.

The highlight of our cruise was the great friends that we met & plan to keep in touch with.

The only things I was disappointed with was our cabin steward & trans-ocean photos ( I wrote a separate thread about them.) I thought since we were in a minisuite we'd get better and individualized service from our cabin steward. It was the total opposite. He never introduced himself on the first day. Our tv remote was not in our room. One night our room did not get made up bc we went to dinner late & he saw us in the hallway & told us he had already handed in his key & that means what to us??? We just said ok bc we were onboard to have a good time & not get stressed out. And I consistently had to ask for 4 towels instead of 2. On Fri night he removed the portfolio with the room service menu from our room and we did not find out until Sat afternoon when we were looking for it to order some food while we were packing. I started to think I mistakenly packed it. We saw him in the hall that night & he said it's customary to remove it to prepare it for the next passengers. Needless to say, he didn't get any additional tip from us.

Any qs, I'd be glad to answer. We even booked another cruise for the Dawn in August. :rolleyes:

Also, the CC Meet & Greet had a great turn-out & it was nice to meet everyone.

No cruise is always perfect. I am glad that you didn't stress out over the little things. What is it with the TV remotes? It seems on my last few cruises the batteries are dead or missing, or the cover to the batteries are missing or taped up. Are fellow previous passengers stealing the TV remote batteries to replace their other dead batteries?

No cruise is always perfect. I am glad that you didn't stress out over the little things. What is it with the TV remotes? It seems on my last few cruises the batteries are dead or missing, or the cover to the batteries are missing or taped up. Are fellow previous passengers stealing the TV remote batteries to replace their other dead batteries?

Don -

Not sure but of course it was the first thing my hubby looked for when we got into the cabin. lol.

Archived