Cruise The Sun 2/25 To 3/5

RJB7777777

We took the Sun out of New Orleans on February 25 for a Family 7 Day Cruise. Sorry its taken me a week to get this ready. I'd like to tell you a little bit about my Family first. This was I think, our last Major Vacation together since my Daughter is married now and its been almost a year since they got married. They couldn't really afford a real honeymoon so my Wife and I thought this might be a great last real family vacation. My Son is 25 and a few hours younger then my new son-in-law. So we booked two rooms on the Sun through a local Travel Agent called Kandu Travel. This Agent has had things messed up from the beginning what a mess. My daughter was always calling her to strighten something up that was messed up. My Wife, Son, and I booked a outside Mini Suite with a Balcony and I booked a inside Cabin a few doors down for my daughter and son-in-law.

The Sun was great, really laid out nice. Really great food and very good people working on her, they were all very curious and kind. In the mornings when I’d get up around 4 I’d go down and have a coffee and this one Lady would always make sure my cup was full even though it was at the buffet. She went out of her way so I didn't have to get up and get my own. Our Stewards were the best you could ever ask for. They went out of their way to make the rooms so very nice. Even as busy as they were they'd always speak and ask how we were doing.

We had a great time. The first Port-Of-Call was Costa Maya on Tuesday and we went shopping and eat at a place called "The Cats Meow" what a great lunch we had there. The biggest problem was the long walk on the dock to the pier. That was a very tiring for me using a cane.

On Wednesday we went to Santo Tomas, Guatemala what a nice place so many hand made crafts those people made so very nice. You could really tell how proud they were of their Crafts. When we got ready to leave the whole Police Force, Fire Department, and the Crafters all came out to the Docks and played music and danced to show their apparition of us being there. That was so nice. We had a great time there.

On Thursday it was off to Belize City the boys wanted to take the Beer Tour so I sent them on that. While they were off on their adventure I sent the women to the Spa for a full body massage. When they were done we went shopping we met up with the Guy's after their Tour was over and had lunch at this place called Something Lizard. A really nice lunch. We had another great Day.

On Friday we went to Cozumel, by the time I got to down the long Dock I was beat and was having Chest Pains so I went back to the Ship to rest. My Wife and Kid's said I missed the best Port of all. They had a great time shopping and bought all kinds of stuff to bring back home.

On Saturday it was chilly all day at Sea.

The best time I had was spending quality time with my Family. The best thing I can recommended to any of you if you want a stress free Cruise get a Mini Suite with a Balcony. I relaxed more out there then I have on any vacation I have ever been on. Just sitting there watching the water and the nice warm breeze in late February and early March. With us being from Michigan it was great sitting outside in short sleeve shirts. The thing I miss most after being off her for a week now is the Balcony and those big Choclate Chip Cookies.

The biggest problem we had was the Travel Agent she booked my Son with one letter missing from our last name and it was a big problem with the Air Lines. The Ship stuff was all right she just messed up with the Air Line Stuff. So if you live in Mid Michigan and need a great Travel Agent please go see Kandu Travel if you want a mystery vacation or a adventure you must go there. NOT

I hope this helps any of you that are first timers. Thanks, Rick (RJB7777777)

Archived