Military discounts with RCCL?

Hello,

My husband and I would like to take a 7 night caribbean cruise out of Florida this coming December. We have previously sailed Princess, which we loved, but my husband likes all the activities with RC so we are anxious to try it. Has anyone ever gotten a good military discount with RCCL? And if so, how did you get it? When I called RCCL directly, the agent said pretty much they don't have discounts especially "on the newer ships"... Did I just get an agent that doesn't have his facts straight or is this the case? Thank you so much! :)

Buzzsmom

RCI does offer military discounts on selected cruises only. I have seen them on pretty much every cruise we've gone one, but they come and go, and generally don't seem to be available until a few months out from the sailing.

I should think a good TA would be able to find out which cruises offer those discounts. Otherwise it's hit or miss - pick the cruise and date you want and pretend to make a booking. At some point you'll have to opportunity to check a box saying that you're military & then the next screen will show which, if any, cabins are available. I'd say you're better off using a good TA, who may have all such cruises readily available.

Hello,

My husband and I would like to take a 7 night caribbean cruise out of Florida this coming December. We have previously sailed Princess, which we loved, but my husband likes all the activities with RC so we are anxious to try it. Has anyone ever gotten a good military discount with RCCL? And if so, how did you get it? When I called RCCL directly, the agent said pretty much they don't have discounts especially "on the newer ships"... Did I just get an agent that doesn't have his facts straight or is this the case? Thank you so much! :)

Buzzsmom

The other statement is quite right they don't offer on all but some they do act as if you are making a reservation and towards the end it will give you aa question as such US Military or Canadian Forces click this box and to qualify you will need to be active military, completed 6 or more months in a active war zone, Retired, 2 yrs or more and honorably discharged, last but not least Spouses with pink dependent cards. Everyone in room occupied by military personnel get the discount. I hope this helps.

Try this site. It seems to update the military discounts every Friday. You will see that most of them are only a couple of weeks to months out like the PP stated. I'm not advocating the travel agent as I've never used them. But they seem to have a listing of the discounts.

Good Luck!

http://www.dynamictravel.com/military/hotdeals.htm

Archived