Piercing in PV?

dogswithdots

Our 15 year old daughter is looking to have her belly pierced while in PV... :eek: Can anyone recommend a clean / safe place to do this?

Any help appreciated!!

''

I assume you are not a troll looking to stir the waters, so I will respond.

If you approve, do it at home.

If the person appears to know what he’s doing, what assurance the material itself is gold, silver or stainless steel. Aluminum and Nickel look about the same, but the body’s reaction is usually bad. Copper and steel oxidizes with equally the same negative results.

Did you know your medical insurance is only good in the U.S. and a visit to the ship’s doctor will cost more than the piercing itself?

Would I EVER do piercing's or tatoo's. The sterilazation, as mentioned in the previous posts, is a big issue. Also I believe that it is recommended that the person stay out of the water for a lengthy amount of time once the belly has been pierced. Might be a problem for her on a cruise.

Thanks for the replies and for the concern... didn't know I'd be so contraversial!

In the U.S., it's difficult to find a place that will pierce < 18 years old, let alone a 15 year old... thus the request for a Mexican piercing.

Our older daughter had her belly pierced in Thailand when she was 14 at a place recommended by friends there, with no problems.

I know all the risks... that's why I'm reaching out to see if anyone has had experience and can confidently recommend someplace.

don't seem to be a problem in So. CA. especially with parental permission. You might look in LA or San Diego if you will be there with the Mexico cruise. There are places to be found along the beach areas in San Diego for sure. I don't think that the belly piercing is a problem at all...just the cleanliness of it and the after care on your trip. Good luck.

Just brought my 16 y.o. yesterday to a clean piercing place in NH. I did need to bring her birth cert. and my license and be there to have it done. She cannot swim for 4 weeks so I would not think it would be the best thing to do on a cruise because it will limit her swim time both ocean and chlorine. Also, if you are in a climate to show it off it would be more fun to not have it all red and irritated but look nice when on your cruise. Good luck but my advise would also be to do it at home either pref. one month before your trip.

Archived