How Long?

26Martini

Sailing out of NY on 4/11 on the Noordam......from the time the ship starts to sail how long does it take to go by the Statue of Liberty? I live in CT and have never caught a glimpse of her....and I know I will not be able to go to dinner until I see her:) Thanks!

The docks are pretty close to the Statue of Liberty, so I don't think it will take long at all to pass it. You should have enough time before dinner to view it as you pass it.

I'm in Orange, CT and sail on Thursday on the Maasdam from Ft. Lauderdale.

Where in CT are you?

Regards,

It is not much more than maybe 15 minutes, if that, so you should make plans to be on deck to take in the view if you are interested. The captain will make an announcement re: viewing the NYC skyline as you sail by so you'll at least have that. It is a moment not to be missed! On our Feb. cruise the (frigid!) wind was whipping us around but we made sure to stand out there, camera in hand, along with lots of other pax. My pictures will always remind me of a wonderful cruise and an unforgettable view. You will be so much more fortunate, as the weather will surely be much milder for your sailaway. I wish you a wonderful cruise on the beautiful Noordam!!:D

Sailing out of NY on 4/11 on the Noordam......from the time the ship starts to sail how long does it take to go by the Statue of Liberty?

It's about 5 miles from the dock, so I'd guesstimate about 1/2 hour at harbor speed.

It's in the 20-30 minute range. I always have a little lump in my throat passing her. She's especially beautiful all lit up in the darkness of the night, but she's a grand sight any time.

Don't miss the beautiful views of the New York City skyline on the sail down, either.

I haven't done all of the world's great sail-aways yet, but NYC has got to be a contender for the best no matter what.

It's in the 20-30 minute range. I always have a little lump in my throat passing her. She's especially beautiful all lit up in the darkness of the night, but she's a grand sight any time.

Don't miss the beautiful views of the New York City skyline on the sail down, either.

I haven't done all of the world's great sail-aways yet, but NYC has got to be a contender for the best no matter what.

I totally agree. What an amazing sight!! It made me think of the early days of ships sailing in and out of NY harbour and all the history behind that. I will absolutely never forget that breathtaking sight!!:)

Archived