Miracle Questions?

dothow

Hi Cruise Critic Cruisers,

We are going on the Miracle on Aug. 7th and have a few questions.

1. How much are soda cards for adults?

2. Stateroom Decorations (Birthday) are they worth the $32.00. We know a cake is no longer included. Daughers birthday she will be 26. Her last cruise with us. She gets married next June.

3. One of our ports is Port Canaveral- has anyone used any of the car rental places and if so which one and how far are they from the port?

4. How is Nick and Noras?

Is there any of you going on the Miracle Aug. 7th?

We are from Maryland and looking forward to the cruise. Only 6 more days!

Thanks, and looking forward to hearing from some of you out there.

happy cruising

dothow

dothow,

we were on the Miracle July 3rd. You will LOVE it!

1. Not sure how much the soda card is for adults...we paid $32 each for the kids cards and the adults are more (I think $40 each?) You can check that on Carnival's website.

2. We didn't use any stateroom decorations, but I know wmeda from these boards ordered them for his mom's cabin on the same sailing as mine. Maybe you can post a question directly to him about them.

3 & 4. Didn't use a car rental and I didn't notice any in Pt. Canaveral, but I'm guessing it must be close to the port since lots of people do this. And we didn't eat at N & N but we did go look at it. Very nice inside and people raved about the food. We were very happy with the dining room food and service and didn't see a need to spend extra $$.

Don't miss Tim's 3 bears story. It was on the last night of our cruise and we never laughed so hard! Have a great cruise...wish I was going back on!

Jen

Hi! We were on the Miracle Mar 1 out of Jax- you will love the ship! The only thing I didnt care for were those gaudy pinkish-purplr lights in the dining room.

We did go to Nick and Nora's and it was wonderful, well worth the 25.00 charge per person..very nice ambiance, a singer and a band and great food and service.

I did the birthday dec. for my husband once- it was ok- a baanner that said H B, streamers, crepe paper type hanging balls and a cake-

Hope this helps!

Dothow,

As Green Eyed Lady said, I cruised on july 3rd and had my mother's abin decorated for her Birthday. In mid-June, they actually changed the decoration package a bit som anyone describing them from a prior cruise might have different information.

Basucally the center other ceiling was affixed with a "ball" (for lack of a better term) with lot of streamers coming off of it. It was strung to the four corners of the room. One of the walls had a Happy Birthday Banner and the desk area had a "centerprice" display with streamers hanging off it. In addition, she received two Carnival Key chains.

There is no cake included.

While the items are worth nowhere near $32, the ambiance it created for her birthday cruise was worth the money to us. It just helped to create the celebratory mood.

Carnival will decorate the cabin either before you board or any specific date that you request. We had it done before we baorded so that it would be decorated for the week but you can have it done on her birthday if you so choose.

Good luck.

Wayne

Hertz, Avis, and Budget have offices in Cocoa Beach, not far from Ron Jon's Surf Shop. It is about a 10 minute ride from the pier. The agencies have shuttle vans that pick up and the pier and will return you there. Check on the hours of the specific rental agency.

Hi Dothow!

We're sailing with you on 8/7 - can't wait. I ordered the "Bon Voyage" decorations for our cabins - its my DDs first cruise & i thought they would get a kick out of them. We;re renting a car from Hertz in Port Canaveral because the day rates were all about the same & I found a coupon for 2 category upgrade on Jet Blue site. They also say they'll reimburse you for a taxi if shuttle isn't available. Only 5 days left!!

Thank Your Fellow Cruiser for getting back to me. You have helped us alot.

We are leaving on Aug 7th. out of NY. A little nervous about all the threats. But we are looking foward to our cruise.

Happy Cruising

dothow

I live in Baltimore and my wife and I sailed on the Miracle out of Baltimore in May. I ordered the Birthday Cabin Decorations....they were exactly as has already been mentioned. However, we did get a cake with our decorations. As for the price...I thought that it was alittle steep, but it was for my wife, and the cruise was to celebrate her birthday, so it was worth it.

We had Beverage Cards - If you intend to drink alot of soda, then it is worth it. Two things to think about. (1) The waiters tend to be alittle slow once they realize that you are using the card....no 15% gratutity. And, (2) they will only let you get one soda at a time.

Didn't go to Nick and Nora's - the food in the Dinning Room was excellent. However, we had tablemates that told us the the food was excellent. They stated that the steak that they had was the best that they had ever tasted. And they told us that you are treated very well!

Hi GLW513,

We are from Baltimore, Maryland. What part of Maryland are you from. We Cruised out of Baltimore on the Galaxy. We liked cruising from here. We usually take our cruise in the summer because both of our daughters are school teachers and I work at an University. Therefore, summer is better. I wish the Miracle was leaving from heer this summer. Thank you for the information. It was helpful

Happy Cruising

dothow

dothow,

We're on the Miracle 7th also, can't wait. First CCL cruise. 2 children 19 and 17 "tagging along". (wouldn't you?).

From CT and still deciding to drive 2-1/2 hours and park ($28./day X 8) or bus it and taxi from Port Authority to the piers.

Maybe catch up for a cocktail...

Al & Lynda

going on miracle too in august - 8/21 - a little nervous with threats and tropical storms brewing so hopefully our trip will be smooth - first time on a cruise - picked miracle as it was leaving close to home - most of the reviews were good, except last week but nothing is perfect - got my documents and ready to go - enjoy yourself too

Thanks Lefty, have a great one also.

My third cruise, 2nd out of NY (first was RCCL to Bermuda- awesome). I like the not having to fly part of it. Itravel to China 5-6 times a year so I get my fill of air travel. You'll love the first part down the Hudson, Statue of Liberty is just awesome from the ship. Miracle sounds just beautiful, the slide show of the Miracle off the web is real cool, 200+ slides from construction phase on, showing all the parts of the ship. I can forward if you like. Great for getting psyched up. Not that we need it being so close.

5 more days... hope the seas calm down.

Al

RCCL Nordic Empress 01'

NCL Sun 02'

CCL Miracle 04'

WMeda,

Thank you for the picture it is very helpful seeing what the decorations look like.

How was your cruise? We are looking forward to ours. We leave this Saturday

on the Miracle. Glad the storm is heading away.

Thanks again

Happy Cruising

dothow

Dothow,

Simply put this cruise was probably the best vacation I've ever taken. I'd sail the Miracle again tomorrow if I had the opportunity. The ship was beautiful, the staff was excellent and I've become a big fan of the layout of the Spirit Class ships.

You'll have a great time. Enjoy!!!

Wayne

We're also going in 4 days, we can't wait!!! I too am interested in Nick and Noras. Have to start packing. I am the one with the daughter that just broke her arm. Hopefully today we can get to the surgeon to put on one of those waterproof or lightweight casts. This plaster cast is soooo heavy and she's a little thing.

Have a great vacation.

My DH tends to worry a bit & he wants to know how we can be sure there will be room at the pier to park this Saturday when we leave on the Miracle? Has anyone left their car there before? Are there a gizzillion spaces & he shouldn;t worry? What would we do if they were full at the pier? Now I'm a bit worried!! Please soothe me so I can go back to enjoying my 4 - days - left - til - cruise!!!

Archived