Booked months ago! Now offering comp hotel in Seattle!

lucchese1

Actually the free nights stay in Seattle has been an on going promotion. It will be on a month then off a few weeks, then back on. I booked our Noordam Alaska cruise last September and in October they offered the first free nights stay promotion that lasted into December. At that time my TA's HAL Rep contacted her and wanted to know if I would like this, which was win we took advantage of it. Then they offered it again in January. I ended up rebooking because I stepped down from a SC to a SY Guarantee. Luckily the promotion was still in effect and was able to keep the free nights stay at the Olympic Fairmont.

My advise is to contact your TA and have him/her call HAL to see if they can give this to you. I know that the previous offers were for PH,SA,SB,SC,SS,SY and SZ only. You also do have to pay all the taxes for the hotel room.

Actually the free nights stay in Seattle has been an on going promotion. It will be on a month then off a few weeks, then back on. I booked our Noordam Alaska cruise last September and in October they offered the first free nights stay promotion that lasted into December. At that time my TA's HAL Rep contacted her and wanted to know if I would like this, which was win we took advantage of it. Then they offered it again in January. I ended up rebooking because I stepped down from a SC to a SY Guarantee. Luckily the promotion was still in effect and was able to keep the free nights stay at the Olympic Fairmont.

My advise is to contact your TA and have him/her call HAL to see if they can give this to you. I know that the previous offers were for PH,SA,SB,SC,SS,SY and SZ only. You also do have to pay all the taxes for the hotel room.

Vegas,

Have you stayed at the Olympic before? I got a free night there when I booked on the Oosterdam (SY) last October. Looks like a nice place but haven't been able to find anyone who's actually stayed there.

Thanks,

Dave

Vegas,

Have you stayed at the Olympic before? I got a free night there when I booked on the Oosterdam (SY) last October. Looks like a nice place but haven't been able to find anyone who's actually stayed there.

Thanks,

Dave

The Fairmont Olympic hotel is a world-class hotel, and the top of the list in my estimation. AAA has given it the 5-Diamond award. And yes, I've stayed there, for an anniversary celebration or two. My husband and I had dinner there for our first date almost 21 years ago......so I have a soft spot for it......:)

Usually there's a "new bookings only" restriction to these promos but I don't see that on this one, the disclaimer says:

"Terms & Conditions: Promo HTE; Free room offer is valid on all 2007 Alaska departures from Seattle with the purchase of Categories PS, SA-SB (ms Amsterdam) or Categories PS-SZ (ms Oosterdam or ms Noordam) and is based on double occupancy (one free room night per stateroom booked). Taxes are additional. Offers are capacity controlled and may be modified or withdrawn,

or sailing dates may be substituted without prior notice. Certain restrictions apply."

The Fairmont Olympic hotel is a world-class hotel, and the top of the list in my estimation. AAA has given it the 5-Diamond award. And yes, I've stayed there, for an anniversary celebration or two. My husband and I had dinner there for our first date almost 21 years ago......so I have a soft spot for it......:)

Mom (pardon the familiarity,)

Thanks for the info! My Wife and I both love Seattle and the Fairmont looks like a great place to start our first HAL cruise.

Sincerely,

Dave

No, I have not stayed there but have heard many excellent comments about the hotel. I am actually looking forward to staying there. If it is as nice as either the Fairmont Waterfront in Vancouver or the Pan Pacific we will be thrilled.

Mom (pardon the familiarity,)

Thanks for the info! My Wife and I both love Seattle and the Fairmont looks like a great place to start our first HAL cruise.

Sincerely,

Dave

Dave:

I hope you and your wife enjoy your stay in the "Emerald City":)

(you can call me Karin)

No, I have not stayed there but have heard many excellent comments about the hotel. I am actually looking forward to staying there. If it is as nice as either the Fairmont Waterfront in Vancouver or the Pan Pacific we will be thrilled.

You will like it, Lisa! See you in June:)

Karin

OK...so I'm waitlisted for the free room. The agent at HAL said she'd hate to work in that PR department as everyday it changes. I guess as some people don't pay for cruises they'll cancel themselves out and the rooms will hopefully become available. Got two months to wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all of you great people who posted this I waitlisted and the TA called today to say I CLEARED!!!:D I will keep the hotel a secret from Mom so it will be a FABULOUS surprise when we check in. Seattle is just as big a part of this trip for her as the cruise since she's always wanted to see it.

THANKS!!!:)

Archived