Is Carnival Destiny going bye-bye ?

:confused: I just did a quick search through Carnival's website for Spring Break cruise in 2008 and I noticed that San Juan and Carnival Destiny did not come up on my search of Caribbean cruises. From what I can tell, Carnival Destiny's last cruise from San Juan will be 30 DEC 2007. This may be a computer glitch or operator error on my part. Can anybody out there enlighten me ? I really like San Juan and Destiny's current itinerary and was considering that for a cruise in March of 2008.

:confused: I just did a quick search through Carnival's website for Spring Break cruise in 2008 and I noticed that San Juan and Carnival Destiny did not come up on my search of Caribbean cruises. From what I can tell, Carnival Destiny's last cruise from San Juan will be 30 DEC 2007. This may be a computer glitch or operator error on my part. Can anybody out there enlighten me ? I really like San Juan and Destiny's current itinerary and was considering that for a cruise in March of 2008.

Hard to say exactly what's going on, they did change her 2008 Itinerary, 2 weeks ago to add St Kitts and Domincan Republic http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=SJU&itinCode=SCM&groupInd=&shipCode=DE&durDays=7&subRegionCode=CS

They might be adjusting some of the port times for 08

The Destiny is something that I wanted to do so badly and it was between the Destiny and the Liberty for our upcoming cruise in 2 weeks but DH wanted a NEW ship and the CVP I spoke with when I was trying to decide told me that the Destiny was a step down from the Miracle and we might be disappointed so I decided to go with the Liberty...I kind of regret it a little as they are adding all of these ports and I figured that I will sail the Destiny at a later date but now they are adding all these ports and I think it might be a little much for us with so many ports and no at sea days...although by that time we would have been to St Thomas more than 3 times so we could always use that as an at sea day I like to go with the flow and what not...so it's still sailing but there will be more action going on...I would love to hear the reviews from people after they have sailed the new itinerary and find out if they need a vacation from that vacation.

I was just looking at the thread from the Dominican Republic and it doesn't look so promising. I guess things will bet better when more people go there. I've not really heard anything about it. I was bummed that St Lucia got the boot.

I was just looking at the thread from the Dominican Republic and it doesn't look so promising. I guess things will bet better when more people go there. I've not really heard anything about it. I was bummed that St Lucia got the boot.

I was too bummed about St Lucia because while in St Thomas we learned that St Lucia is a wonderful place so it was on our list of ports but oh well now... DR is a nice place to go though so I am sure that by the time you go it will be better, I know that my mother loved it so much she has been there 4 times once on a cruise and 3 times at an AI and it's one of her favorite vacation spots.

Thats good to hear. I was getting a little bummed. Well I guess I'll have to make the big decision on which cruise to take. I've sailed the Liberty but not the Itinerary. I have never done a cruise without a single sea day thought. Yikes.

Hi guys,

I just sailed Destiny on 2/25. I recently submitted a member review for more detail. I went with a group of 5 adults and three kids. We all had a great time. The kids really liked Dominica. Barbados and Antigua were my favorite. I didn't do much in St Lucia as I was pretty wiped out and needed a break. Part of group took a cab to the beach and got totally hosed on the fare. The ship is a little dated but certainly adequate. We had a great time exploring the different ports, but I was gald to have a few days to rest up before going back to work.

Brenda

Just wanted to point out that this thread is proof positive that you NEVER book a cruise based on other's reviews. A few months ago there was thread after thread of hate mail for the Destiny. Recently, haven't seen any reviews on her and now, threads about people wanting to and excited to be on her. It shocks me when I read, "Oh, I am changing my cruise based on this review." :rolleyes:

Thats good to hear. I was getting a little bummed. Well I guess I'll have to make the big decision on which cruise to take. I've sailed the Liberty but not the Itinerary. I have never done a cruise without a single sea day thought. Yikes.

Fron the cruises you have listed why not take the typical Eastern itinerary - St. Thomas, St.Martin, and throw in a stop or two in the bahamas, Grand Turk, or Half Moon Cay? I think these ports sound more fun than St. Kitts and DR.

Destiny 08 cruises were gone from the website yesterday but still available, as per a PVP I spoke with. Site was current again last night (with the new itinerary).

The way I look at it, I want to book this cruise due to the ports and the price. I'm sure the ship will be fine (but not top priority, except that it is Carnival). Maybe next time, I will look at Freedom or Liberty. Just not thrilled with their itin for the week I need to go (no flexibility yet bc of the kids schedule .... that will change one day)....

Archived