Port Said to Cairo Airport

BobinVan

We shall be on the Nautica when it arrives in Port Said in early May. We need to get to Cairo Airport for hotel and wont arrive in Port Said until early evening. Does anyone know how far it is from Port Said to Cairo Airport or Cairo itself and how long the drive is. Can you pick up a taxi at the pier to take you there? Is it better to try and arrange beforehand and if so, can anyone give me a contact name and number or email address. BobinVan

We shall be on the Nautica when it arrives in Port Said in early May. We need to get to Cairo Airport for hotel and wont arrive in Port Said until early evening. Does anyone know how far it is from Port Said to Cairo Airport or Cairo itself and how long the drive is. Can you pick up a taxi at the pier to take you there? Is it better to try and arrange beforehand and if so, can anyone give me a contact name and number or email address. BobinVan

I recommend you contact Hazem Abbas at Nile Blue Tours at manager@nilebluetours.com and address your question to him. It is about a 2 1/2 or 3 hour drive from Port Said to Cairo and it is my understanding that the government provides armed guards for any group of four or more getting off a cruise ship (free of charge). I definitely recommend making arrangements beforehand and you may be able to organize transport to Cairo the evening you arrive and then a private tour the next day. You will be surprised how economical this will all be in Egypt. It will be fantastic, I promise. Have a wonderful time!

Vicki

Vicky thanks for pointer. Actually, I took your earlier advise and contacted the tour company- NileBlue Tours and have corresponded by email with the manager as you suggested. Great service so far. Cost was excellent and replies from him very quick. Thanks again. BobinVan

Archived