Any read the contract when you do on line documents

Just was doing our online documents for our april cruise and came across an interesting paragraph

"No warrenty shall be given or implied as to the Seaworthiness, fitness or condition of the vessel, or any food or drink supplied on it."

Let's see..........lol the ships are no "seaworthy"

just found it amusing

Just was doing our online documents for our april cruise and came across an interesting paragraph

"No warrenty shall be given or implied as to the Seaworthiness, fitness or condition of the vessel, or any food or drink supplied on it."

Let's see..........lol the ships are no "seaworthy"

just found it amusing

I have a copy of the contract from my last cruise in '06. It's a beauty isn't it? :D Three and a half pages of legalese and some of it is like something written in the 19th century. For instance, passengers are allowed up to 200# of baggage each...seems like a holdover from the steamer trunk days. That little item you quoted is on page 1, clause #3. I just read the contract, for the first time ever last week, because some think the contract states alcohol cannot be brought aboard. The word alcohol is not in the contract, the cruise line covers themselves in your docs on a page called "Beverage Policy" :) I don't think too many of us bother reading it. :D

I find a couple of other contract provisions irksome.

"4. Any medical personnel, masseuse, hair stylist, manicurist or other service providers on board the Vessel or on Transport are provided solely for the convenience of Passenger. Such persons are independent contractors and not acting as agents or representatives of Carrier."

You have to wonder where the contractors end and the employees begin. Are waiters, stewards, seamen, and ship's officers employees or are they contractors?

"16. Carrier has the exclusive right to include photographic, video and other visual portrayals of Passenger in any pictorial medium of any nature whatsoever for the purpose of trade, advertising, sales, publicity or otherwise, without compensation to Passenger."

Great, they could plaster my picture over every RCL brocure and I would never see a penny from it. Maybe it is just as well that I don't look like Brad Pitt. A bigger concern would be cruise videos that they market. I recall one that had speeded up films of cruisers apparently wolfing down food, and then of wide passengers walking away. Cruisers were ridiculed in a way that I found particularly distasteful. I do not cooperate with photographers.

Archived