On-board Mixers -- Smuggler's Punch

Hmm, good question. That is DW's drink of choice, vodka and cranberry. I know I haven't seen it at the buffet drink counters.

Has anyone looked at the menu in the dining room. I cant remember if it was Carnival, but other cruises that didnt have cranberry juice at the buffet you could get it in the dining room, but hard to get in enough quantity for saving for later I guess.

Now this is a GREAT thread!!!

I repented and no longer smuggle booze. I now only take aged carbohydrate beverages. I do make sure they are packed well, to protect from leakage however. It is always wise to be safe.

However, regarding a blender. If I were to take one on, I would STRONGLY suspect the Bullet works great... using the softserve ice cream for making my own virgin mudslide smoothie.

Not that I would ever do such, but coffee liquor and vodka pre-ordered through the appropriate channels mixed with milk from room service works well. (Yes always give a cash tip to room service) Since you will have the pre-ordered through the appropriate channels vodka, take along some spicy V8, it makes a good Bloody Mary.

Again, with the pre-ordered through the appropriate channels vodka, keeping a water bottle of it around to top off DOD’s which tend to be weak is never a bad idea.

Of course, tequila that is pre-ordered through the appropriate channels is also nice to have around, I do enjoy a shot or two.

I repented and no longer smuggle booze. I now only take aged carbohydrate beverages. I do make sure they are packed well, to protect from leakage however. It is always wise to be safe.

However, regarding a blender. If I were to take one on, I would STRONGLY suspect the Bullet works great... using the softserve ice cream for making my own virgin mudslide smoothie.

Not that I would ever do such, but coffee liquor and vodka pre-ordered through the appropriate channels mixed with milk from room service works well. (Yes always give a cash tip to room service) Since you will have the pre-ordered through the appropriate channels vodka, take along some spicy V8, it makes a good Bloody Mary.

Again, with the pre-ordered through the appropriate channels vodka, keeping a water bottle of it around to top off DOD’s which tend to be weak is never a bad idea.

Of course, tequila that is pre-ordered through the appropriate channels is also nice to have around, I do enjoy a shot or two.

good info! :D

...Note to self: smuggle extra kahlua.:D

yes! please do.:p

I must say, NCL is the worst line for making smuggler's punch. No fruit juice of ANY kind on the buffet..........water, coffee, and unsweet tea.....that was it..........so we resorted to storing up OJ from the breakfast in the collapsible cooler.......until we needed it later with our Coconut Rum.....................

I thought the same thing, that's why I had to revive it once I saw it!

I don't know the question but the answer is rum!

hey, tyde (one on last night)! have any plans for the week of 7/20? this is turning into quite the partae!:p :D

waiting for jessie bay-bae and fin to reply.

Dunno... prolly nothin I can't wiggle out of. What's up?

Oh...duh!...your cruise!...sorry, can't swing it so soon...would absolutely love to though.:(

but he wld have to surrender that until the end of the cruise.:(

So, lets say you bought 8 1 liter bottles of Kahula........ for $8.99 in Ense Mexico, and when you get back onto the ship, it is spotted by security and you are told to go to the table...... to check the booze.. Ok, Go ahead, go to the table, pull out A BOTTLE of booze from one of the packages/bags you have... fill out the paper work and then go on your merry way.

Not that I have ever done this.......... But if I did ever run into problems bringing booze back on-board (I hear it does happen from time to time...) and was asked to check my booze, this is EXACTLY how I would go about it. :-)

Funny thing, last night of the cruise, I have "friend" who got back to his cabin and found a bottle of Kahula........

• 2 weeks later...
Yes.

Just not in your carry-on luggage. From the TSA web site ( http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1189.shtm )

Carrying Alcohol In Your Checked Baggage

Please note, you can’t take alcoholic beverages with more than 70% alcohol content (140 proof), including 95% grain alcohol and 150 proof rum, in your checked luggage.

You may take up to five liters of alcohol with alcohol content between 24% and 70% per person as checked luggage if it’s packaged in a sealable bottle or flask.

Alcoholic beverages with less than 24% alcohol content are not subject to hazardous materials regulations.

Now this is very informative info here ...

want to save this for later ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going on my first cruise next month and I've been having fun reading this thread. Could someone please tell me what juices are available on the lido deck in the morning and in the afternoon. I can't come up with a recipe if I don't know what's available! I'll be on the Freedom, if that matters.

Thank you. :D

I'm going on my first cruise next month and I've been having fun reading this thread. Could someone please tell me what juices are available on the lido deck in the morning and in the afternoon. I can't come up with a recipe if I don't know what's available! I'll be on the Freedom, if that matters.

Thank you. :D

Can anyone out there help me with this question?

Thanks.