Nativeway Rays, Reef and Rum Point questions

aprildawnmwc

Hi everyone,

We did this R, R and RP tour the week of April 16, 2007 and had a wonderful day AND we saw LOTS of fish at the reef.

I'm sure sometimes it may change due to currents etc, but we have snorkled many places in the Caribbean and I have to say that this was the BEST ever, in terms of number and variety of fish and coral. Just gorgeous!

We had about 20 on our boat and it was fine! Remember that once you get to Stingray City, there are MANY other people there, depending on the day and time. We found our group to be a very manageable size.

Enjoy the Caymans!

Lynne

Has anyone that has been on the Mariner take this excursion? Is it, time wise, enough time to get back to the ship without rushing like a lunatic? Appreciate your comments.

Also has anyone taken the 3 stop Buccaneer Stingray City excursion?

Which is better?

Sebie -- Thanks for the great review. Sounds like fun, although it's a bummer there wasn't much to see at the reef. At the end you say that next time you will call Native ways -- why -- do they offer something different you wished you had done instead?

Sorry --you know those of us in the planning stages are relentless:eek:

as well, but I liked their groove, service & understood the deadline on the time frame and it was just well... nice. I would easily be a repeat customer however I am open to other vendors. For this trip Native Ways was my only option with the R,R & RP tour and since they came highly recommended, I took a chance and so very happy to confirm they were the real deal. :)

Timing... I tendored in early, checked in, and was told to meet back under the tent. I had about 45 minutes to walk over to the Margaritaville area to shop. We left when they said we would and were back about 2:30ish. Since Celebrity's tendor line was pretty small (this was not the case for other lines), I went shopping in the tendor area and caught the last one back.

It seems that there is enough boat traffic and other ship folks at Rum Point that I am sure they would find another way to get people back on time if necessary.

Archived