cozumel

pinklucky61

:rolleyes: carnival cruise in 2004 took us to cozumel, heard took alot of hurricane damage since. there was a great cantina at end of dock. probably just described every dock there! any idea what cantina i'm talking about? thought if still there, great place to spend time after shopping. cruising 3/26/07.

:rolleyes: carnival cruise in 2004 took us to cozumel, heard took alot of hurricane damage since. there was a great cantina at end of dock. probably just described every dock there! any idea what cantina i'm talking about? thought if still there, great place to spend time after shopping. cruising 3/26/07.

12-06 I rented a car and circled the island. They have made major strides in repair. I wen to a place called La Chasa and had a great lunch.

thanks, new to this website, hooked already!

If you post on the Cozumel board under Ports of Call one of our regular posters who live there may be able to help you. Cozumel, like many of the ports, has changed post hurricane. Good luck with your search.

Dianne

we had docked right infront of senor frogs and such, travelled on the conquest that time. on the holiday this time, looks like will be tendered. darn it!

it was fun watching people running to make the ship docked next to us, that was worth the trip all by itself! :D

thanks for the info

If you are talking about the center of downtown San Migeul, just at the end of the older pier, It is called Las Palmas. It is alive and well serving the best Margaritas and chips and fresh salsa. Las Palmas is always our first stop for drinks when we get to cozumel. Gets us really relaxed for Carlos and Charlies.

Keith

We just got back from Cozumel a few weeks ago off of the Inspiration. We had a FANTASTIC TIME!! You could be talking about Senor Frogs or Carlos and Charlies. There are a few 'watering holes' near the main pier. They have done some major rebuilding and are still doing so. We hired a cab driver before we left privately and I would highly recommend him. His name is Roger. I have his # if you want it. He speaks very good engilsh and has a great sense of humour. We were with him for 5 hrs (we were a party of 4 ) and I think my husband paid him $120 Total for all 4 of us. This price was agreed upon when we booked him, He took us all around the island and we stopped at a small place which was not busy at all for some snorkeling and beer. Then we went to the other side of the island which is absolutely beautiful!! Much rougher so no good for snorkeling but amazing to see! We stopped at a bar called "Coconuts" You HAVE to stop here. It was a blast. We had a few drinks or 6.icon10.gif The view is amazing from your table and the waiters are very funny. You can also leave your bra, t-shirt, or panties to hang on the ceiling....you should see the stuff up there...very cool place...ask to see their photo album....my husband enjoyed it!!!!!!!!icon10.gif

After that Roger dropped us off several blocks from the ship and we did a lot of shopping on the way back, Great deals on booze and some good deals on jewellry if that's what you like.

I can't wait to go back!icon14.gif

Archived