sailing in 08 on diamond

There are lots of nice hotels in Long Beach - Westin, Hyatt, Renaissance, West Coast Hotel, Marriott, etc. I live locally so I can't rate any of them for you, but I don't think you could go wrong with any of those choices.

There are lots good to great places to eat in LB - King's Fish House, Madison Steak House, L'Opera, Gladstone's 4 Fish, PF Changs, 555...

Do a search for the Long Beach Chamber of Commerce - somewhere on the website (probably as you get closer to your sailing date) is a calendar of events - LB symphony or Pops, Ice Dogs Hockey, etc.

A tour of the original Queen Mary is a must (I've read that as a hotel she comes up way short), too.

sailing in april for hawaii on the diamond princess (2008) need someplace to stay in long beach for 2/3 days before and 2/3 days after, its our fifty yr anniv so take it easy on us..:rolleyes:

Is there a specific reason that you are planning to stay in Long Beach for a possibly combined 6 days?

I could understand a couple of days before the cruise, but since that is so much time, you could spend the other days elsewhere...

Santa Monica, Marina Del Ray, Hollywood, Manhattan Beach, etc.

I don't know if you have thought about that at all, or if there is specific reason to spend so much time in Long Beach, when you have so much time and are so close to more options...

I guess it really depends on what the "goal" of your time here is, and what you really like to do...

Check this thread for some ideas:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=517205

Otherwise, CritterChick has given you some great Long Beach ideas to start with...

CJW

PS Here to help, just some more specifics on what you want to get out of your time here, will help us all to help you better!

• 3 months later...

:cool: took your advice and decided to stay in la. we took the princess cruise pkg which consists of 3 nights pre cruise at the LAX MARRIOTT,shuttle to ship,handling of all luggage from hotel to cabin,shuttle from ship back to hotel for one night stay. for the price its a good deal. I know there are plenty of places near by, so we should not have any problems. thanks for your advice.

DIAMON PRINCESS HAWAII 04/16/2008

P A S T C R U I S E S

CARNIVAL FANASTY 1984 CARIBBEAN

CARNIVAL HOLIDAY 1986 CARIBBEAN

CARNIVAL FANASTY 1989 CARIBBEAN

CARNIVAL TRIUMPH 2002 WESTERN CARIBBEAN

CARNIVAL DESTINY 2003 (back/back) CARIBBEAN

PRINCESS DAWN 2006 MEXICO

USS MISSISSINEWA 1956/1958 MED

thought i would throw that last one in for old times sake :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

:confused: does anyone know how I can get rid of two of these countdown clocks...???...and how come they came back on ?? should not confuse me this much while planning a trip...I`m confused enough thank you....:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Archived