Elation - Refrigerator

mikebarnett

This is the refrigerator located in V22. The drinks in the frig are our own. It was empty when we got to the room. The frig did not get real cold, so we still needed to ice down the cans. The frig was located in the cabniet, directly underneath the TV/VCR.

attachment.php?attachmentid=39112&stc=1&d=1174055137

1009562005_Cruise1.jpg.12aefbfdff29166ce54ea036b92ce1d8.jpg

Our fridge stopped cooling the second day out. I left a message for the cabin steward (and subsequently left a follow up) on day three who relayed it to maintence. On the afternoon of day five when maintenance showed up, after an amount of trouble shooting, the maintenance man unplugged the unit and said he would be back at 10:30 PM to plug it back in. The fan had iced up and he said it would have to thaw out before it would work again. (The cabin stewart said the unit had done the same thing on a prior cruise, but the unit was not changed out.)

I passed the word to our steward not to have maintenance come back in that my wife wanted to go to sleep early. Then I decided that I could pull the unit out of the cabinet and plug it back in at the specified time....which I did.

Given that no repairs had been made and expecting that the unit would go on the fritz again, I put my wine in a beer bucket for the rest of the cruise and freshened with ice as needed.

When the maintenance person finally showed about 18 hours before we debarked, he saw that the unit was still running and left the cabin without comment.

Carnival really makes the Category 12 passengers feel like they are special.....heavy sarcasm here.

i didn't have a problem w/ my frig. i did have a problem w/ one of the air conditioning ducts (there are 2 in the cat 12).

it was not fixed immediately (i notified cabin steward b/4 we set sail). it took at least a day and a half, if not more, but i didn't even mention that in my review b/c stuff happens. it got fixed. that was good enough for me.

it wasn't enough to complain about:confused:

it wasn't enough to complain about:confused:

Mechanical problems are not known to heal by themselves. My point was that if something stops working and no repairs are made, one should expect that it will stop working again.....which is what happened to us.....because, according to the cabin steward, it had happened before. His request to have the unit changed out was ignored.

The long passage of time was secondary to the issue.

it wasn't enough to complain about:confused

Mechanical problems are not known to heal by themselves. My point was that if something stops working and no repairs are made, one should expect that it will stop working again.....which is what happened to us.....because, according to the cabin steward, it had happened before. His request to have the unit changed out was ignored.

The long passage of time was secondary to the issue.

i stated that the fact that the a/c in my cabin was broken, was not enough for me to complain about. i am not a belly acher/whiner by nature.

the a/c eventually got fixed, but i too had to ask more than once for it to be done, and i didn't intimate that they "owed me better service" as a cat 12 occupant. you can bet if the maintenance guy had showed up and left w/o doing anything, i'd have stopped him -- no matter what cat cabin i was in.

but, you make it sound like you were totally disappointed w/ their treatment of you as a cat 12 pax. you said this, not me.

why, btw, do you think you shld have been treated as being "more special" than other pax? by virtue of occupying a suite? i didn't feel as though i had the right to be superior simply b/c i booked and paid for a cat 12:confused:

your frig is less of a problem than a/c not functioning in the hot grand turk heat. maybe other pax had those issues going on. is it your position that your frig repair shld trump a/c repairs, or are just unhappy with carnival?

why, btw, do you think you shld have been treated as being "more special" than other pax? by virtue of occupying a suite? i didn't feel as though i had the right to be superior simply b/c i booked and paid for a cat 12

I don't understand those who think passengers who pay first class prices should be expected to be satisfied with second class service or worse..... but on this board they seem to be in the majority. "Be happy you're on a cruise." is the mantra.

However, even had I been inside Riviera, and the solution to a non working refrigerator was to unplug it and wait for it to thaw out, (remember this was a repeat occurance) I would take it as sign from the captain on down that this ship tolerates passengers rather than welcomes them.

I don't understand those who think passengers who pay first class prices should be expected to be satisfied with second class service or worse..... but on this board they seem to be in the majority. "Be happy you're on a cruise." is the mantra.

However, even had I been inside Riviera, and the solution to a non working refrigerator was to unplug it and wait for it to thaw out, (remember this was a repeat occurance) I would take it as sign from the captain on down that this ship tolerates passengers rather than welcomes them.

well, CCL was the only time i ever occupied a penthouse suite. i did not have such accomodations on ncl, disney, celebrity and previous ccl cruises, but rather only had OVs or std balcony staterooms. so, in all fairness to you, i guess i knew in advance from these boards that the treatment wld be the same. maybe on other lines, the level of service for suite pax is, as you had expected, higher. but, to be fair to them, they are at sea, and there are only so many crew members aboard...

Archived