Prepaid Gratutity Policy On MAGIC???

IFLYMAUI

I booked about a week ago on the Magic for a 7 day later this year and wasn't told that - haven't heard of it. .... Unless it was already included somehow in my quote? But I"ve read many posts elsewhere about the recommended tipping for certain people on the DCL cruise so I can't believe this is true!

Are you booked with a TA discount (personal discount given to a Travel Agent themselves or their family members) or a DCL Cast Member discount? If so, the tips are pre-paid. Those are the only cases I know where the tips are pre-paid. If this does not apply to you, definitely contact your TA and ask some questions.

Jennifer

:oHaving sailed numerous times, there is no requirement for prepaid tips unless as mentioned there is a special arrangement as a cast member discount etc.

We pay the tips on board through guest services to our charge card.

I didn't even know you could prepay on DCL. That's an option I would have loved.

I would definitely have questions for my TA if they told me I had to. I've heard of packages from some other countries where tipping is not common which included the tips, but according to your profile, you're in the US.

I didn't want to prepay my tips....I wanted to prepay the tips for the Grandmas as a way to reduce their costs a litlle and not give them any opportunity to argue with me about it. I just covered them with an onboard credit instead. I can always claim I don't know where it came from. ;)

The only prepaid gratuities I've heard of is the deal Disney was offering to people who booked (or in my case rebooked) the Med. transatlantic cruise while onboard. They gave an added incentive of 'free' prepaid gratuities. The customary tips for our family of 4 would have been 610.00 and now that's covered.

Why would you want to prepay tips? By doing so, you deprive yourself of the opportunity to adjust the tips based on the quality of the services that you received.

You know, its a way to have all (or almost all!!) our expense paid for before we leave, nothing more!

Thanks what we did for our Carnival Cruise, but couldn't do for our Disney cruise. I will gladly put more tips if the crew is wonderfull!:o

Archived