Cruise addiction!!

Cherlach

Hello cruisers, I have been reading these posts for some time now but this is my first post on this board.I am still a beginner at cruising, first was Carnival Liberty 8 day Eastern Carribean 2/06. I have thought of nothing else since that cruise except when can I go again, which will be Elation 4-19-07, and I am already planning the next. It really is addictive, unlike any vacation I ever went on. I am so hooked, thanks for letting me share.:cool:

First was a group cruise (the only way to get DH to go) last April.

That helped to get the whole family to cruise for Xmas.

Well, work keeps sending me to Florida (I'm on my third trip of the year next week)......It's not hard to take a day or two of vacation to enjoy a cruise at the end of work when they pick up the airfare....:o

Anniversary coming up.....Asked DH want he wanted to do.....Vegas, cruise or something else?

Answer: Cruise. Now we have to decide whether we'll be cruising on two wheels or water.

I'm thinking the cruise on water is winning out! :D

I've been an addict since my first cruise 11-16-2006!!!

CCL Sensation - Port Canaveral, Florida to Nassau, Bahamas

Cruising will consume your mind!

I have dreams about cruising

I drive my friends and family wild with talk about cruises!

Welcome to the best addiction in the world! IMHO! :)

One other thing that is pretty addicting is the board! :)

Yes cruising is an addiction. I'm always consumed with thoughts of where we could go next, and what are we going to do in each port. These boards are addictive to. I have to check them everyday. The only time I don't is when I'm cruising.

Hello cruisers, I have been reading these posts for some time now but this is my first post on this board.I am still a beginner at cruising, first was Carnival Liberty 8 day Eastern Carribean 2/06. I have thought of nothing else since that cruise except when can I go again, which will be Elation 4-19-07, and I am already planning the next. It really is addictive, unlike any vacation I ever went on. I am so hooked, thanks for letting me share.:cool:

Welcome to the boards, and welcome to the addiction that we all have! When my DW convinced me to go on our first cruise, I didn't really think too much about it, but now I can't stop talking about it ( or in this case, writing about it) !! :D

I was hooked after my 1st cruise. A tiny ship called the Carousel, not as tiny as Easycruise1. We've been lucky to have cruised every two years since. Yes it is an addiction and all this darn Cruise Critic does is fuel it, hey I don't mind, it's a legal addiction. Welcome aboard.

Yes, it happens to the best of us. Number 12 is coming up in May to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Our first was a Fri-Mon cruise on NCL to the Bahamas in 1994 and it was okay, but DH and I weren't hooked. So, we tried a 7-day cruise the following year and then we were hooked. We have to be going on a cruise imminently, or have at least one booked at all times.:) We sailed three times last year -- what a rush!

Holland America - 2004, 2006

Carnival - 1995, 1998, 2006, 2006, 2007

NCL - 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003

Royal Caribbean - 2002

Hello, My name is Mk and I'm a cruiseaholic..

I got my first taste in '98 with a group of friends and have since corrupted my now DH, who prior to our (second for both of us) marriage had only been an "occassional cruiser".

We now cruise two or more times a year and when I'm not cruising I'm planning, researching, shopping for our next one, on these boards and elsewhere...

And yes, when I sleep I dream of cruising! :)

LOL! No 12 step program for me - not unless it's 12 steps closer to my next cruise.

I wanted to cruise for the longest time - but was fearful of motion sickness. I get sick so easily with motion - and that would be horrible

for 7days or even for 3 days. My girlfriend, who is not prone to motion

sickness, was sick for her entire 7 day honeymoon - maybe it was the

drinking.....

Anyway - we finally had our first cruise this Feb - friend got married on the ship - in Miami port. I absolutely loved it!!!! I can't think of much else - and already planning to take my kids next year April 2008 on an Eastern

Cruise. I am so excited - I can't hardly stand it. I hate to have to wait that long. Maybe a short girls cruise later this year - what fun!!

FunShip is right!!!

Oh yes, I have also become a cruisaholic!!! My mom and I took our first in 2004 and thought that would be it, but just took our second last month and now planning our 3rd. We will also sail at least once a year as long as we can. Hubby has no interest in it, so he stays home and takes care of the cats!!! I am addicted big time!

MK, you have described just how I feel. I am always dreaming about and or planning the next cruise. My name is Cheryl and I to am a cruisaholic!! On April 19th I will dragging my sister into this addiction. ( Spaceytracey72 is my sis ):eek:

Well you've come to the right place to find other addicts...We have been cruising for about 10 years now but I have only been coming to the boards for a few months and i'm hooked here too. Very interesting and very helpful. Anything you need to know or learn about cruising these great friends will help you!!

Hi, my name is denb and I'm a cruiseaholic.

My addiction started with just a short 3 day Bahamas cruise. An inside lowest cost cabin. Then I went to 5 nights with a porthole. I craved more. Pretty soon it was a large window and 6 nights! The time between cruises then shortened, I was up to 7 nights, and I dreamt of having a balcony! Then it was an 8 night cruise! Pretty soon I was on a 10 day cruise with a balcony. Then, not even that was enough. I craved a mini-suite and 11 days. Now I was up to 2 cruises a year..... sometimes 3! I knew I was hooked, but I couldn't stop. A 14 night Panama Canal cruise only left me wanting more. Now I'm booking aft suites with wrap-around balconies, and I see no signs of being able to kick the habit.

Luckily, there is no cure. ;)

I believe there is a 12 step program somewhere for cruise addicts - but no one wants to attend!!!

I would!!!! If it was on a cruise!!!!

You bet your boots I'm addicted!

For a Full Time SAHM of 3 boys Cruising has ruined me!

For one week out of the year all I ask is to shed my responsibilities, and let some one else clean up the messes,make the food, make the beds and drive. I can let some one pamper ME!

I call a cruise Mommy's Recharge trip! If I don't get to go ... you'd better watch out!

It's like any drug-the first time gets you hooked then there's no turning back.You even feel the need to draw others into your "habit".I can't help myself .I want to make everyone I know understand the thrill of cruising. My DH and I will be going on our third cruise in June aboard the Destiny and are planning another cruise on the Freedom in Nov. of 08 and we've covinced 3 other couples to go also.Even my DD and SIL, and she's afraid of boats.AHH the power and thrill of cruising.

Archived