cell phone use

7nucruzers

We are on jewel of the seas 11/14/04 - can anyone tell me what the cell phone reception is like in Key west? We would like to call our children back home from here since we probably won't talk with them again until we return on the following weekend. Of course, they can reach us in an emergency! But we'd like to call from key west before we "leave" the US. We have Alltel service, others in our group have ATT, and verizon. Thanks!!!

with my AT&T phone - it was beyond roaming at that point. I got a message that if I wanted to complete my call, it would be something like $.70/minute plus a connection charge. I hung up. It could be totally different with other cell phone companies - I have no idea.

I spent 4-days in KW in May, made countless calls, spent hours on the beach using my Blackberry, didn't have a problem at all with either cell-calls or text (email) messaging. I was at the southernmostpoint, no problem...on Ft. Taylor Beach...no problem...We use Verizon... :D

Incidentially, Consumer Reports listed Verizon as #1...by a long shot... Nextell was #2... AT&T was dead last...by a long shot... fyi... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived