Tahiti Restaurant?

NY City Girl

Hello! We will be staying for 3 days pre-cruise at the Intercontinental Tahiti and I remember reading a few months ago about a very nice restaurant in Tahiti that was highly recommended. Does anyone know the restaurant that I am referring to? I tried to do a search but wasn't able to find it.

Thanks!

The restaurant we went to was Le Belvedere. It is high up on a mountain with an incredible view of Papeete, plus the food was very good. You can see pictures of it in our Tahitian Princess review on our website www.thepreismans.com . Your hotel can arrange reservations and the restaurant has a free shuttle that will take you up the interesting road, which is an experience in itself. I hope this is the one you are looking for.

Yes, that is it! Thank you so much, we are very excited. Do we need to book prior to our arrival, or is this something that can wait until we get there? We will be for 3 nights. I would imagine we will probably want to do it on the 3rd night.

Thanks!!!

I am not sure when you will be going, but it is recommended to book in advance, particularly if you are going on a Saturday night. We went early so we could see the view before and after sunset. Unfortunately it was foggy for much of the time. I would contact your hotel and have them make the reservation for you for your 3rd night. That way you could always go sooner if you decided to and cancel your reservation for the 3rd night. You would then be assured of being able to go one of the nights.

When we made our reservations very early, they told us to not make them until a month before the date. Have a wonderful time there.

We went to Le Belvedere during our '04 Tahiti cruise and selected the early seating as well - our group of ten Princess people were the only ones in the restuarant that Friday night. Do make reservations though because you don't want to try that hill on your own. When we went, our chef and waitstaff rode up with us.

Anyhow, we were at the tail end of a typhoon and it has been raining off and on for the three days we'd been there. It was pouring when we arrived at the restaurnat, then suddenly the clouds broke to a beautiful sunset and we watched, in awe, as the Pacific Princess docked. That really made the evening magical. We also had two birthdays to celebrate at the time and the staff went above and beyond making them feel very special. It was the first wonderful evening in a long series of wonderful evenings for that cruise.

Have a wonderful cruise and don't forget to post a reivew!

Charlie

We went to Le Belvedere last July, with about 12 others from our CC group.

What a fun time we had, it was not only a great restaurant, it was such a fun way to get to know our new friends pre-cruise. The ride up to Le Belvedere is a trip in itself. We had so many laughs, just remember to take some Bonine, before you go (right Lisa?)

You can make reservations ahead of time, by emailing the conceirege at the Intercontinental Hotel. I definately suggest this restaurant for anyone that has a few days, before or after their cruise.

I don't remember the prices and I am surprised I didn't take a picture of the menu. I think it was $30-$40 per person plus drinks which were wonderful. Hopefully someone that has been there recently will remember. All restaurants in Tahiti are expensive, so I don't believe this place is out of line at all, plus you can't beat the view.

• 10 months later...

Belvedere is fantastic! My wife and I were part of the CC group TP is speaking of. The beef was form New Zealand and was very delicious. There was no shortage of food.The ride up in Le Truck is 'special'. The ride back down was in a air conditioned mini van. All in all a memorable evening.

Nalu

I believe that all the hotels can make reservations for you. When we made ours, we called the restaurant several months before and they told us to wait until no more than a month before our arrival to make the reservations. We then had the hotel arrange it a month before. Enjoy!

I believe that all the hotels can make reservations for you. When we made ours, we called the restaurant several months before and they told us to wait until no more than a month before our arrival to make the reservations. We then had the hotel arrange it a month before. Enjoy!

Hello Mike,

You are Mike Preisman I presume.

I have been having your website in my favorites for some time.

We are going on the Mercury 3/2/08. Any suggestions. Have not been on the Mercury.

We pretty much have all arrangements made for ports in South Pacific.

I see you are going on the Nile. Wonderful trip, which I am sure you will go to Abu Simbel on Lake Nassar and also Cairo. I have a report somewhere.

I am not much of a museum person, but I have been to the one in Cairo twice I was so impressed.

Going on the Soltice. What is the GRT. I was on the Voyager of Seas last month, 136,000 GRT. I think I like the smaller ships better unless of course we hit 15 foot seas like we did on the Sun Viking a 25,000+ GRT in the South China sea.

See past cruises link below and go to Niler River cruise.

Hello Joe,

You have presumed correctly. I am so glad you have enjoyed our website and I hope that it has helped in your cruise planning. Since the Mercury was our second cruise and we didn't do reviews back then, it is difficult to remember much about it; except that Celebrity became our favorite cruise line on that cruise. Since we sailed on Mercury in its Inaugural Year, there have been many changes and you would be better off getting comments from recent cruisers on the Celebrity Board.

You will love French Polynesia, it is a lovely place with lovely people. We are very excited about our Nile Cruise and will be taking the side trip to Abu Simbel. We also get to spend a couple days in Alexandria at the end of the cruise. It should be a wonderful trip. I checked out your album and the pictures were very nice, especially coming from a video camera.

The Solstice is 122,000 tons with 2,850 passengers. It should be very nice ship. All ships seem small after being on the Freedom of the Seas.

Archived