Prinsendam

AWED23

You mean the glass doors and china that were broken going around the Horn?

IIRC, Pallets of china & glassware were airfreighted and awaiting them at the next major port - and glass doors are so easily replaced...

...I would imagine she was back to "normal" much sooner than you'd think.

Brian. I am sure you are correct now that I think about it... I believe Prinsendam goes in for Dry dock in November...We are back on her next March for the 73 day Fort Lauderdale..circle Africa cruise. A lot of new ports for us in Africa so we are really anxious for our favorite DAM ship to be in A-1 condition......Rob.

She was fine by the time we left the ship in Buenos Aires -- In fact, by the time we left Ushuaia the second time you had to know what had been before the waves to notice any deficits as the crew did an incredible job of clean up and resoration -- (primarily no fresh flowers with flower urns tied to fixed objects with decorative ribbon, shrink wrap around the base of the urns so that if tipped over there would be no spill, a slightly eclectic assortment of glassware on the dining rooom tables...the Captain did say that they bought every spare piece of glassware available in Ushuaia) -- I suspect that they got fresh flowers in Buenos Aires to replace those incredible arrangements that we lost going around the horn. On our last two sea days between the Falklands and Buenos Aires a lot of items that had been stashed were returned to public view and the shrink wrap was removed. She lost about half of the canvas awning that covers the lido outside eating area and I do not think that was fixed yet when we left the ship on our second day in Buenos Aires. I would be curious to hear from someone on board to find out if it has been repaired or replaced yet.

Archived