Belize -Snorkeling from beach?

jaht

Can anyone tell me what would be the best beach/location in Belize to snorkle or explore the reefs from shore as opposed to off a boat? We have a group of 7 that would rather try it from land first as well as "beach it" for the day.

Thanks!

Howdy jaht!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum! 04.gif

Thank you for your inquiry regarding Belize. However, you have posted on the forum where members find the "How to ..." type of information for using Cruise Critic's software such as avatars, signatures, countdown clocks or tickers, attaching pictures, etc. It is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek is off topic here. 05.gif

Per our Community Guidelines and to help you out, I am moving your thread to the Ports of Call > Belize Forum at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109 where it will be on topic. The new location for your thread is a better location for more of your fellow Cruise Critic members to see it and to be able to help you with the information you seek.

I hope you don't mind a friendly 05.gif suggestion, but you might want to read our Community Guidelines and FAQ. Especially the "Getting Started" section in FAQ. You will see how a new topic should be consistent with the specific forum you choose. It also gives a brief summary of the topics covered in some of the forum sections. Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php for the list of all the Cruise Critic forums and be sure to read all Announcement and Sticky threads at the top of the various forums for additional information too.

I sincerely hope this information will be satisfactory. If you have any questions about using the Cruise Critic software, please feel free to use the Search this Forum feature on the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum to see if your inquiry topic has already been asked and answered before. And it probably has, many, many times! 05.gif If not, please feel free to post your new inquiry there and we will be happy to try to help you with a solution.

Glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

If you want to do a beach day you will have to do it through an excursion--there aren't any beaches in Belize City, so you'll need to go to another part of the island. This isn't one of those stops where you can just walk off the ship and hang out. It's best to have something planned.

This isn't one of those stops where you can just walk off the ship and hang out. It's best to have something planned.

I second that suggestion.:)

There are no 'real' snorkeling beaches in Belize just off the ship. For that matter, there are no 'real' beaches in Belize just off the ship and easy to get to. Most of your snorkeling here will have to be done by boat, or an excursion to one of the Caye's. There are suggestions on the Ports of Call boards. I have used Coral Breeze for a shark snorkeling trip and the barrier reef and it was great. There are some tours offered from venders when you get off the ship, or you could book from the ship direct but there is nothing you could do on your own really. Unless you took the ferry yourself to one of the Cayes such as Caye Caulker, I think (?) there is a small snorkel spot there, but not as good as what you could do by boat.

If you'd like to just beach snorkel I would suggest possibly doing that at maybe another port of call, if you're going to Cozumel there are some nice spots there.

Archived