Still Live, Still on the Golden from here to San Francisco

DonahCBrown

I cannot believe people are up in the internet cafe at all times

I guess it will be more stressful for me trying to get on than it is worth when we are on our transpacific - I just have no patience for slow connections

Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated on your trip, we really are enjoying it and appreciate it

Since it is hard to get a connection during the day, people have been getting up and coming to the internet cafe in the early morning. For example I arrived this morning at 5:00am, there were 3 people here and it is 5:15am now, there are 10 people. Like I said before people need to read their e-mails. How did we cope on cruise ships before the internet?:eek:

I try my best not to stress out on anything as I have found out by experience it just hurts my health, so now I either try my best not worry about it or try my best to avoid it.:eek:

Easykruz,

Bill:)

Thanks for all you both are doing for us--I need to start finding some things to pack for my cruise coming up--but, of course I will always keep following this cruise__When we board the Crown--it will be limited internet time--you start that on the Golden pretty soon I think.

I can remember befroe free internet--when it was slow or impossible to connect--it was immediately to the Pursers Desk to complain and have it taken off the bill--sure don't want to go back to that--This new way for a 7 day cruise we get about 20 minutes per day--what really seems strange how the minutes decrease on a longer cruise--guess this one makes sense as a b2b--Oh well!!!!

Have a great weekend--guess weekend doesn't matter when working 24/7 or playing 24/7--You two and everyone else--enjoy the weekend

Nancy

Nancy,

Because of Princess new policy, it is my opinion that we will not see anymore lives from Princess ships unless Princess changes it's policy or speed up their internet connection. The lives are free advertisement for Princess, but that's life in the big city.

Princess sells packages for the internet. 100 minutes for $55, 150 minutes for $75, 250 minutes for $100, or pay as you go at $.75/minute.

I guess we will see if this will be a success for Princess or not as time goes by.......Starring Humprey Bogert in Casablanca.:D

Easykruz,

Billy the Kid:)

Thank you Bill and Jot World for all your efforts .. now this is a "live from..." that truly takes you on a journey. A lot of people are interested in the ship but on an itinerary like this it's the destination IMHO and not the vessel, the food, etc. that gets you there that people are really interested in...

Caroline,

Amen to that. You are very welcome. Different strokes for different folks.

Easykruz,

Good Morning,

This morning we had a beautiful sunrise, Sun came over and through the clouds, one could see the rays of the sun come over the clouds. The water has been very calm on this journey so far. The weather report from the Princess Patter is: Wind Variable Force 2 to 3 Light Breeze, Sky Partly Cloudy, Light Seas with a Long Low Southwesterly swell. We set our clocks back last night so I believe we are on Central Standard Time. For all of those that enjoy Frankie, Asst. Cruise Director. He is having his White Elephant Flea Market today.

Easykruz

Part 4,

We were given lunch at the restaurant on top of Machu Picchu at about noon, as we were fed three times already within 6 hours, HUGH-TWO, decided to forego the lunch and wait until the next meal. Little did they know that the next meal would come at 9:00pm at the hotel.:D Another buffet, I must say an excellent spread for a buffet and very tasty, salmon filet, tiramousu, great soup selection, etc. As it was still raining our guide Juan decided to take us on top of the mountain of the Machu Picchu ruins. When we finally reached our destination you could see virtually everything. Words and pictures are hard to describe it, you would have to be there for that awesome sight. We could see the river below, in the canyon where we came from. The river meandered (sp?) around Machu Picchu on three sides. We could hear the rapids (echo) of the water when we stood at the edge of the cliff. (I will send some pictures to JOT Bill).

As we were taking pictures and admiring the view, the rain stopped and the sun came out. We were able to see the ruins without the rain until near the end of the tour. I am glad that the rain came back near the end of the tour because we could see the drainage system that the INKA's engineered into their village. Small gutters on the side of the walkways and through the rocks. They thought of everything, one with nature.

As we had enough time on the tour to take more that enough pictures and experiences of climbing and walking through the ruins, we came down the mountain, back to the village of Aguas Calientes. We were given time to shop through the huge flea market. The people are so polite, nice, and beautiful in their clothing.

More to come.....

Easykruz,

Bill;)

We boarded the train back to Cusco. The train stopped about midway again and the street vendors were waiting again to sell their wares. Last minute "blue light special" souveners or I just gotta have.;) Afterwards our stewart and conductors put on a fashion show for us. Everything they put on was made of Alpaca. After the fashion show we could buy the sweaters and pounchos etc. I must say the quality of the clothing was what you would expect at the high end department stores for a lot less money.

We arrived at the train station, boarded the buses and made our way back to the hotel. When I looked at the board at the hotel which showed our time to catch our bus in the morning, I unfortunately misread it and focused on the time the plane was leaving in the morning. In the morning I thought we had enough time only to find out we had to hurry back to our room and pack to catch our bus. When we got on the bus we got a lot of stares (sp?) from everyone, I politely said I was sorry and misread the time. As it turned out our flight arrived one hour late so in the end we had to wait at the airport anyway.

Easykruz,

Bill

Lima,

After we arrived in Lima (at the Lima International Airport) we were told we had to go through customs. Wrong information, we just left the airport and boarded our bus for our Lima tour. Our tour took us to the Cathedral, Presidential Palace and a Franciscan Monestary and then back to our ship. It was a trip that I would recommend to everyone. Like I said before, it doesn't matter if you book with Princess or someone else, just go see it for yourself. There were a few people on Machu Picchu that walked around the ruins with a cane. So it can be done.

I hope everyone has enjoyed the Antarctica and Machu Picchu Tours.

Easykruz,

Bill

Last night we had an Island Deck Party at the back (outside) of the ship on decks 12, 14, 15 and 16. Oh what a great party. Maurizio started it off at 9:00pm and Deep Blue kept it going into the wee hours of the night. People were dancing all over and the buffet was out of this world. For those of you coming on in Acapulco, we will have another Island Party for all of you. So long for now. Over and out until tommorrow (unless it is easy to get on this afternoon).

Easykruz,

Wild Bill:)

Good Morning to All the Golden Cruisers!

(& also All you Landlubbers);)

Have a Great Day in Acapulco!:)

& we look forward to hearing from you as you continue your cruise to San Francisco!;)

Jot Bill (WIWT):eek:

CLICK ON & Make it BIG!

833846128_APRILFOOLS).jpg.be4e26d5ed754996c31117c5be4bcaf5.jpg

Easykruz and Donah, thanks so much for the reviews of your cruise. Also a big thanks to Jot for supplying the pics for all of us to see. Now this was a great "live from". Many, many thanks.

I am curious Easykruz, did the altitude really affect you while you were on Machu Picchu. I understand some people hafe breathing problems.

Thanks again Marilyn

Wow! It's going to take me some time to read all of these posts. Thanks to all of you for allowing us to share this experience. Based on the Golden's web cam, I assume you are on your way to Costa Rica.

Si,

We are now underway to Costa Rica. We left Panama early this morning because we refueled late last night during the Island Party. The Sun came up this morning on the Starboard side of the ship, which meant we were heading south. Around Panama.

Easykruz,

Sorry about that last "Current Web Cam at Acapulco", they will not be there until Thurs Apr 5th (April Fool's)

golden_bridge.jpg

What is your name sir?

My name is JOT Bill also Billy the Kid.:eek:

What is your name sir?

My name is Easykruz Bill also known as Billy the Kid.:eek:

Will the real Billy the Kid please stand up?:D

Easykruz and Donah, thanks so much for the reviews of your cruise. Also a big thanks to Jot for supplying the pics for all of us to see. Now this was a great "live from". Many, many thanks.

I am curious Easykruz, did the altitude really affect you while you were on Machu Picchu. I understand some people hafe breathing problems.

Thanks again Marilyn

Marilyn,

The air is a little thinner up there, so you have to move a little slower. As far as altitude sickness there were a few people that experienced a slight form of altitude sickness of one way or another in Cusco. But most people that had that experience said that it went away in Machu Picchu because it was about 2,000 ft lower in altitude. Dim Sum Louie had a bad experience in Cusco because two days earlier he decided to go to Chamaro Lake which is at 15,000 ft. and got sick and decided to push his luck on the Machu Picchu Tour. Unfortunately for him, or maybe fortunately, he ended up in the hospital in Cusco. I saw him yesterday and he was doing great in Panama and said he was ok.

Vicky got a slight headache in Cusco. When I asked her if it was worth it she said yes. She even wants to go back to Cusco sometime in the future. :rolleyes:

Easykruz,

What is your name sir?

My name is JOT Bill also Billy the Kid.:eek:

What is your name sir?

My name is Easykruz Bill also known as Billy the Kid.:eek:

Will the real Billy the Kid please stand up?:D

The Bill and Bill Show and Tell................what an awesome TEAM!:D :D

I would like to applaud our Tour operators for their commitment in the "Sacred Valley of the Inkas" community. Eight years ago they initiated a project to work with the community, promoting socially responsible tourism by training people from the local community to become guides, porters, weavers, etc. This has resulted in increased employment, higher family income, higher levels of school attendance and lower levels of infant mortality in the community.

People working as a community, people helping people. This has made it as one of the best tours we have ever taken.

Easykruz,

Bill and Vicky:)

Marilyn,

The air is a little thinner up there, so you have to move a little slower. As far as altitude sickness there were a few people that experienced a slight form of altitude sickness of one way or another in Cusco. But most people that had that experience said that it went away in Machu Picchu because it was about 2,000 ft lower in altitude. Dim Sum Louie had a bad experience in Cusco because two days earlier he decided to go to Chamaro Lake which is at 15,000 ft. and got sick and decided to push his luck on the Machu Picchu Tour. Unfortunately for him, or maybe fortunately, he ended up in the hospital in Cusco. I saw him yesterday and he was doing great in Panama and said he was ok.

Vicky got a slight headache in Cusco. When I asked her if it was worth it she said yes. She even wants to go back to Cusco sometime in the future. :rolleyes:

Easykruz,

Hi Bill,

Great Pics, it was my pleasure to post them for you!:)

Please say Hi to Mrs(Dim Sum) & Mr(Louie) & wish them My Best!;)

Continue to enjoy your next eleven days to San Fran & I'll take over for you, in Sydney on the Pacific on the 23/24th, but I'll need your help posting the Pics, OK? (We can switch roles):eek:

Jot

Archived