Still Live, Still on the Golden from here to San Francisco

DonahCBrown

Don't move it to floatway lounge. I find it nice to see the "live from the Golden" still continues. I enjoyed reading all the post before I sailed back in December. And now I read the ones before I leave next week. :D If it must go, maybe someone in our roll call can restart the thread once onboard.

Thanks for the update Kentskie. I was watching you all on the webcam. :)

More details, please.

This is my own personal experience. On a Mexican Riveria Cruise aboard the Dawn Princess we had Vicky's suit dry cleaned, unfortunately they ruined all the buttons on the jacket, and therefore the buttons had to be replaced. Yes the buttons were replaced and yes Princess reimbursed us the cost. Problem is this has never happened to us using our own dry cleaner at home, and we've used a number of different dry cleaners. So far I have not had any problem with my suits being dry cleaned on the ship.

Second experience on board the Diamond Princess, we laundered some of Vicky's clothes, they shrank because the staff did not wash clothes according to the labels or the fabric. So now I only give them cottons (underwear, socks, t-shirts, etc. to launder).

Third experience on board the Golden Princess, I had a T-shirt that had a food stain on it (not anything that wouldn't come out by normal washing) and as luck would have it the stain was still there. When I came home I laundered it myself, using no special treatment, and the stain came out.

That is why I said use caution. Maybe other people have had better luck.

Hi Caroline,

They are right, the Name is wrong to continue "Live", I'll vote to close it(or move it to Floataway) & someone can start a New "Live from the Golden" if they like, Here & someone else a "Live from Golden past cruisers" in Floataway, as you suggested.

Thank you!

Jot

Captain Jack,

I thought you said the post before was your last post?:eek: :D

Admiral Easykruz,:eek:

I can close it or move it to Floataway..this has been such a wonderful "live from" that I really don't want to move it?????

Or start a "live from the Golden past cruisers" thread or something like that on Floataway???

Caroline,

Why not give it 2 more days to see if anyone on board ship posts, if not do what you must.

Bill

This is my own personal experience. On a Mexican Riveria Cruise aboard the Dawn Princess we had Vicky's suit dry cleaned, unfortunately they ruined all the buttons on the jacket, and therefore the buttons had to be replaced. Yes the buttons were replaced and yes Princess reimbursed us the cost. Problem is this has never happened to us using our own dry cleaner at home, and we've used a number of different dry cleaners. So far I have not had any problem with my suits being dry cleaned on the ship.

We had the same broken button problem with my husbands tux shirts. Fortunately the studs covered the broken buttons. I also am very careful about what I send to the laundry. There are just some things I don't want washed in boiling hot water or dried in a hot dryer. They also glue or iron on these little tags that can ruin a garment when you try to pull them off.

We had the same broken button problem with my husbands tux shirts. Fortunately the studs covered the broken buttons. I also am very careful about what I send to the laundry. There are just some things I don't want washed in boiling hot water or dried in a hot dryer. They also glue or iron on these little tags that can ruin a garment when you try to pull them off.

Thanks Cactus Rose,

I forgot to mention about the tags they put on the garment so the staff can determine who the garment belongs to. Also, I agree with the boiled water and hot dryer.

So the words are caution (easykruz) and careful (cactusrose).

Easykruz,

Dollar Bill:)

with They also glue or iron on these little tags that can ruin a garment when you try to pull them off.

Some of them are now putting the little tags on the bottom of the shirts (inside, next to seam area), rather than on back of neck near label. Tags on pants are in zipper area.

I really don't want to move this.. so after reading this, here's the deal.

I am closing this thread and encourage all of you who have gotten to be good friends to open a thread on Floataway called something like "Golden Cruisers Chat Thread" or "Former Live from the Golden ...." you get the drift...

THEN

when someone begins a new cruise they can start a new "live from" here..

That way you can continue chatting away but this great journey will remain.. ???

caroline

Archived