Still Live, Still on the Golden from here to San Francisco

DonahCBrown

Isn't Maurizio the greatest--the first trip I heard him--didn't have a clue about him--then I saw all these people standing to listen to him since all tables were taken--can't remember what ship that was, but he was only there for about 3 or 4 days--The pax went nuts and comoplained--they wanted him back--they brought him back at another venue--maybe explorers--I like him at Crooners--(at least that where I think he was)

Your party sounds great--I'm ready!!!!!

Nancy:D

This is the first time that I have posted put have enjoyed all the pictures and post from the very beginning of your trip. I have a few questions about the golden we will be boarding her on April 22, 2007

1 what movies will be playing her on now I am sure they will be the same when we sail.

2. WHO IS THE CD

3. Is the captain going to be the same for the mexican sailing ?

we have planned this trip for over a year now with a big internet group so we are looking forward in sailing on her.

Thanks for your answers and your time in advance.

We were at Costa RICA last year and loved it. We took a group tour with the c.c. group with charlie Soto.

Can you tell Tony-Arlene-and Milt Hello... Long Time on Hear... is everyone eating well and having a good time. I am enjoying the posts but miss some of the other "good stuff".. Hey Arelene will post when you get back home. Miss you. Seems like they left the ship????

This is the first time that I have posted put have enjoyed all the pictures and post from the very beginning of your trip. I have a few questions about the golden we will be boarding her on April 22, 2007

1 what movies will be playing her on now I am sure they will be the same when we sail.

2. WHO IS THE CD

I would love to know the answer to the movies currently playing as well

since we''ll be on board in a couple weeks too!!!

Hi Bill,

Great Pics, it was my pleasure to post them for you!

Please say Hi to Mrs(Dim Sum) & Mr(Louie) & wish them My Best!

Continue to enjoy your next eleven days to San Fran & I'll take over for you, in Sydney on the Pacific on the 23/24th, but I'll need your help posting the Pics, OK? (We can switch roles)

Jot

Bill,

I knew there was a catch for posting my pictures.:eek: Actually I would be honored to post them, anytime. ;)

Bill:)

Good Morning,

This morning we are in Puentaranas, Costa Rica. We docked very early this morning and are waiting to go ashore. Our tour takes us to the Capitol City of San Jose. Do you know the way to San Jose?:rolleyes: As in Costa Rica. The sky looks blue the heat and humidity are up.

Easykruz,

2. WHO IS THE CD

3. Is the captain going to be the same for the mexican sailing ?

we have planned this trip for over a year now with a big internet group so we are looking forward in sailing on her.

Thanks for your answers and your time in advance.

We were at Costa RICA last year and loved it. We took a group tour with the c.c. group with charlie Soto.

First the movies, I will give you some movies not sure of all the movies, Miami Vice, The Queen, The King of Scotland, The Departed, The Prestige, sorry that's all I can remember.

Second, JJ is the CD and Frankie is the ASST CD, Frankie is great.

Third, our Captain is Bob Oliver, great Captain very informative, not afraid to talk.

Easykruz,

Bill

Good Morning Golden Cruisers!

(& also you out there that are Landlocked);)

Have a Great Day in Costa Rica!:)

& we look forward to hearing from you as you continue your cruise to San Francisco!;)

Jot Bill (WIWT):eek:

golden_bridge.jpg

What a wonderful travelog...thank you all for bringing it to us. I would love to do this exotic cruise! We will be boarding her on April 22 for the Mexican Riveria cruise out of SF....looking forward but until them, I am enjoying the Golden through your experience...thank you again!

Thanks again, easykruz, for taking the time to post even with all the frustrations of the internet. We all really appreciate it! I hope it improves for you soon, so you have less frustration. They just need to move a satellite over or something to make the connection better. :D

The pictures of Manchu Picchu were awesome! Thanks for posting! Do you mind if I use some of your landscape shots for my World History class? Some are interested in what M.P. looks like- I liked the steep-ness of the pictures- sure will make the kids scratch their heads and ask: How'd thatey do that?! Wow! is right about the pictures! Thanks for the posts! Gabrielle

Second, JJ is the CD and Frankie is the ASST CD, Frankie is great.

Third, our Captain is Bob Oliver, great Captain very informative, not afraid to talk.

Easykruz,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the info.

I agree Frankie is great. We had him as ass't CD on a previous cruise. And Captain Oliver is great too.

Kent

The pictures of Manchu Picchu were awesome! Thanks for posting! Do you mind if I use some of your landscape shots for my World History class? Some are interested in what M.P. looks like- I liked the steep-ness of the pictures- sure will make the kids scratch their heads and ask: How'd thatey do that?! Wow! is right about the pictures! Thanks for the posts! Gabrielle

Gabrielle,

My daughter teaches 2nd grade and I have been sending her pictures along the way so she could share them with her class. So have at it and I hope your students enjoy.

Easykruz,

Yesterday we visited San Jose, Costa Rica. We went to the village of Sarchi, (sp?) where they make beautiful ox carts and the home of the Guinness World Record largest Ox Cart. Afterwards we went to San Jose and visited the Gold Museum and the Opera House. I have asked JOT BILL to post some pictures of the inside of the Opera House. There is a test on one of the pictures, see if you have the answer.

Vicky and I had a wonderful time. Last night we had rain, thunder and lightning. The waters are a little choppy today. We went the the Carl Strong show last night, comedian, he was very funny, much needed after eating too much Alaskan King Crab.

Easykruz,

Eas

Bill,

I knew there was a catch for posting my pictures. Actually I would be honored to post them, anytime.

Bill

The Bill and Bill Show and Tell is just what the doctor ordered! To be continued on the Pacific Princess starting April 24.:D Yikes, what will we, the virtual cruisers do between April 12 and 24?:eek:

Bill,

What did you think of Costa Rica? I have heard so much lately about how dangerous it is for tourists in Costa Rica. :confused: We were in Limon a few years ago on a Panama cruise and loved Limon.....it was our favorite port of the cruise and were so looking forward to going back in the future.

Mary

Yesterday we were in Puntarenas. Shall we say hot and humid. For those that did not go to San Jose or on other tours, we had a quick walk through the vendors along the beach. From the ship, everything looked very close until we started walking in the heat. It didn't take very long to see all the vendors, buy some coffee and head back to the ship and get back to some AC. I think that we are going to have this weather at least to Cabo. Hard to believe that we were complaining about the cold in the Falklands and going around the Horn. We really have had excellant weather and sea conditions throughout the cruise.

Good Morning Everyone,

First, the internet is already slowing down, almost didn't want to post my last post. Will keep on trying (trucking).:cool: Also glad everyone is enjoying the posts.

The weather today per the Princess Patter: "Wind variable force 2 to 3 light breeze, sky partly cloudy clearing in the afternoon, light seas with a long low southwesterly swell".:eek: I found another movie on board, "Babel" today at 3:15pm, with Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchard. As tonight is our last formal night for this segment, there will be a Champagne Waterfall at 11:30pm.

Easykruz,

Bill :rolleyes:

The Bill and Bill Show and Tell is just what the doctor ordered! To be continued on the Pacific Princess starting April 24. Yikes, what will we, the virtual cruisers do between April 12 and 24?

Bill,

What did you think of Costa Rica? I have heard so much lately about how dangerous it is for tourists in Costa Rica. We were in Limon a few years ago on a Panama cruise and loved Limon.....it was our favorite port of the cruise and were so looking forward to going back in the future.

Mary

Mary,

We did not see or hear of any crime during or after our tour yesterday. Our tour guide explained that the crime that they have is a lot less than other countries north of Costa Rica. The people and the street vendors were very nice and polite. Didn't try to oversell their merchandise.

Costa Rica is a beautiful country with a number of North American retirees living in San Jose, Costa Rica. Most people speak English and Spanish. I must say very good English.

As for April 12 till April 24, maybe someone else can start a live from another ship? Hint, hint (maybe not with the cost of internet these days, as slow as it is).:eek: :D

Easykruz,

Good Morning Golden Cruisers!

(& also you out there that are Landlocked);)

Have a Great Day at Sea!:)

& looking forward to hearing about your travels as you continue your cruise to San Francisco!;)

Jot Bill (WIWT):eek:

golden_bridge.jpg

This is a Cashew Nut Fruit. You can see the shell of the cashew nut at the top of the fruit. The fruit is edible but the cashew nut is poisonous until the nut is roasted, which lets the poisonous gas out of the nut.

CLICK ON & to Make BIGGER!;)

DSC03689.jpg.df7b76d39aaffeb862cd75c06610236f.jpg

Archived