back from Splendour 3/12-3/17

Sorry, I don't have a scanner... :(

I will say that we did receive the updated suite perks of :

pillow menu -- in room on arrival

Evian bottled water -- in room on arrival

Moet Champagne (we were able to switch this to Beringer Zinfendel)- in room on arrival

fresh flowers (dozen yellow roses)- in room on arrival

petit fours (sp) - during cruise

cheese tray -- during cruise

fruit plate -- in room on arrival

chocolate covered strawberries - during cruise

I was impressed for a 5 night cruise! We also received a 2nd bottle of wine from the Hotel Director and an invitation to eat at the Captains table and a tour of the bridge. This was probably because we were were in the Royal Suite this trip-- a surprise splurge for the kids. We have always had great service on the Splendour and will miss her sorely when she leaves Galveston.

Hi! I'm booked for 4/9 on splendour of the sea and was wondering what the temperature is like? Also, how many formal nights? What excursions did you do in Cozumel? HOpe that's not too many questions for you:) Thankx!

It was cool weather overcast sailing out of Galveston but Cozumel and Costa Maya were mid to high 70's and sunshine. By April it will be even warmer.

There was only one formal night. We did the Cozumel Reef explorer semi-sub and it was fun. It has a boat on top and then you go down below and it is built like a submarine so you can view the ocean underwater.

In Costa Maya we went to Majahaul and hung out at a bar/restaurant called "the cat's meow". Great service and food.

Hi! I'm booked for 4/9 on splendour of the sea and was wondering what the temperature is like? Also, how many formal nights? What excursions did you do in Cozumel? HOpe that's not too many questions for you:) Thankx!

Noticed your 4/9 on the Splendour. Please stop by the Roll Call .....

See ya there. :)

Sorry, I don't have a scanner... :(

I will say that we did receive the updated suite perks of :

pillow menu -- in room on arrival

Evian bottled water -- in room on arrival

Moet Champagne (we were able to switch this to Beringer Zinfendel)- in room on arrival

fresh flowers (dozen yellow roses)- in room on arrival

petit fours (sp) - during cruise

cheese tray -- during cruise

fruit plate -- in room on arrival

chocolate covered strawberries - during cruise

I was impressed for a 5 night cruise! We also received a 2nd bottle of wine from the Hotel Director and an invitation to eat at the Captains table and a tour of the bridge. This was probably because we were were in the Royal Suite this trip-- a surprise splurge for the kids. We have always had great service on the Splendour and will miss her sorely when she leaves Galveston.

Thanks for the reply. we have a surprise stay in an OS this Thursday & just wondered what the perks will be.

I am wondering if things are a little more casual on the formal night since it is just a 5 day cruise during spring break time. Would a woman be ok wearing nice black slacks and would a man be ok with a nice shirt and tie or do we need a dress and suitcoat? I'm just looking for your impression.

Also, how were the kids programs for the 15-17 year olds? Were your kids in that age group?

Which food did they serve on the formal night? Specifically, was it either crab or lobster?

Thanks! We leave on the 31st of March!

Monica

I am wondering if things are a little more casual on the formal night since it is just a 5 day cruise during spring break time. Would a woman be ok wearing nice black slacks and would a man be ok with a nice shirt and tie or do we need a dress and suitcoat? I'm just looking for your impression.

Also, how were the kids programs for the 15-17 year olds? Were your kids in that age group?

Which food did they serve on the formal night? Specifically, was it either crab or lobster?

Monica

no crab or lobster on the 4 night, not sure about 5 night. We were on the splendour last month & found it a little more casual, which was ok with us. In fact our waiter told us the night before formal night, that we did not need to dress up, that we could come on casual--never hae been told that. I can't rmember what was served formal night, sorry.

Monica

I was on this sailing and formal night lobster tails were served. Very delicious.

The cloths you describe would be fine.

My kids are 11 and 8 so I can't comment on the programs for the older kids. The programs for my ages where great, our last 2 cruises have been with disney, so I was expecting droves of kids, not the case.

I do have compasses and a scanner but I have never posted images, I will work on it.

Lobster was not served on formal night on Tuesday but on Wednesday or Thursday. Our kids were 14 and 15 but they did not use the teen facilities.

Attire ranged from casual to formal. They are a bit more laid back on this ship.

I was on this sailing and formal night lobster tails were served. Very delicious.

The cloths you describe would be fine.

My kids are 11 and 8 so I can't comment on the programs for the older kids. The programs for my ages where great, our last 2 cruises have been with disney, so I was expecting droves of kids, not the case.

I do have compasses and a scanner but I have never posted images, I will work on it.

that's great to know that 5 nighters have lobster--we did miss that on the 4 nighter

Archived