Review of Mediterranean Cruise and Tour -- Celebrity Galaxy (July, 2006)

Just returned from our two weeks in the Mediterranean. Thanks for the great tip about the Palazzo Guardi bed & Breakfast in Venice. We loved it and are recommending it to everyone who asks for a great (and reasonably priced as things go there) place to stay in Venice!

Kevin - Thank God you're alive and well! Who knew "our Kevin", who sailed on our ship, could pen such a colorful tale. We're still waiting for you to return to our Med Roll Call pages so you can complete the posts you started in the spring! By-the-way, we all know it was you who reserved so many of those deck chairs each morning! Wasn't it also you that I saw dancing with Kay Ray and Sheila under the stars?

We're back to the Med in August on a new Princess ship to relive the Greek Islands & Italy fantasy once more; see you there after your return from Alaska?

P.S. Chris & I purchased the Jack Walker CD so if you want a copy, let me know.

Ciao, John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Geez, I'm lost without his memoirs! He could make a million bucks if he ever published them! I read them for 5 hours straight 2 weeks ago when I was getting over an illness. I couldn't stop laughing. Tears were rolling down my face. He's the Dave Barry of the travel world! LrdNorman.....give us a sign! Marcy

Geez, I'm lost without his memoirs! He could make a million bucks if he ever published them! I read them for 5 hours straight 2 weeks ago when I was getting over an illness. I couldn't stop laughing. Tears were rolling down my face. He's the Dave Barry of the travel world! LrdNorman.....give us a sign! Marcy

He is sadly missed. Now that school is back in I really feel we are out of luck. Just when he was going to be hitting out area of the med!

I am so sad that LrdNorman has abandoned us. Please come back and finish the story. I have been reading every evening before bed and what a great bedtime story it is. We leave Saturday for our Med cruise and you really set the mood for our trip. Please come back soon. Karen

I also just stumbled across this review. It is really great. You truly have a flair for writing. You're making me even more excited about my cruise for next August. I'm totally with you on the teaching thing. I'm a kindergarten teacher and I am constantly trying to make people understand why we get the summers off.

• 2 years later...

This is one of my favorite Cruise Critic reads of ALL TIME! I remember devouring each installment as we were planning our very first Mediterranean cruise back in 2007. The writing is amazing and entertaining. These posts are also packed with great information for folks planning a Mediterranean cruise, although by now, some of it is dated of course. Since I live in Florida too and am also an educator I wonder from time to time if LrdNorman has done any professional writing yet? He should!

Archived