Breakfast Cereals on HAL ????

sail7seas

I asked the same thing as I do enjoy my oatmeal for breakfast. I was told that it is the real McCoy....Cooked 20 minutes my steward told me. It was hot and very good when I received it on the cabin terrace.:o

Thank you so much.....I was so hoping that would be your answer.

With all of our HAL cruises, I have never had it onboard but lately have been enjoying it at home and know I'll be looking for it when we cruise. I'm not surprised to hear it is the "ReaL" oatmeal.

Now I can look forward to knowing I can have oatmeal if I want it.

:)

Husband has had oatmeal a number of times of different HAL ships - and he said that it is the real thing. He eats oatmeal at home nearly every day in the winter months and once in a while in the summer months. And he doesn't put any brown sugar on it like some people do.

:)

You have got to be kidding, you are going on a cruise and worrying if the oatmeal is the "real thing".....what is " real" in this world today, sorry if I have offended anyone but you are only gone from your homebase a short time and you have to worry about your oatmeal for a couple of days. Adjust, go with the flow, "move your cheese", don't worry about food so much!! Geez, I hope I never get there

ZSandy.....You certainly are entitled to your opinion and I respect that concept and your opinion.

By the same token, I am entitled to mine.

We cruise FAR more than a few days a year. We cruise MANY days a year and you, of course, would have no way of knowing if I have particular health reasons for requiring/desiring certain foods. For all you know, I struggled to lose 250 pounds and do not wish to gain it back. (That is not the case but how do you know?) Maybe I have food allergies? Maybe I am a very picky eater? You get the point.

So, you may sometimes wish to ASSUME you do not know everything that goes into each person's choices. And, you may wish to assume the person asking might not be kidding.

As it happens, I had health issues this year that certainly will benefit from a good, healthy diet. Whether on vacation or at home. I'd like to continue to live a full, healthy life so I can continue to enjoy many more cruises. In that vein, I don't "move my cheese".....it's not included in my diet :)

So......No, I am not/was not kidding. My question has been answered and I greatly appreciate the help given by helpful folks.

HAPPY CRUISING.

Archived