Anyone know cost of Cruise video?

EydieG

I know, I know, it is my fault, but my family didn't decide they wanted a "Cruise in Review" video until after we got home from the cruise. I contacted Royal Caribbean for info on buying one and was sent a form to fill out. The letter attached to the form said "the cost will be the same as if purchased on board". That's it, no price. I would kind of like to know a general price before I send in the form along with my credit card number. Anybody bought one recently, and if so about how much did you pay?

Thanks!

Is the Cruise in Review video an actual video from the cruise you were on? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but my last cruise was 9 years ago. We are going in March 2005 and this may be something I would be interested in purchasing. Is it worth the money? Thanks.

Ours was $24.99 on the Legend back in May. We bought it bc we did an 11 night Hawaiian Cruise and it had a part on each of the ports. But the cruise part of the viedo was just ok, nothing great. The ship was only 3/4 filled also, so maybe that is why it didn't have a lot of ship activites on it.

The VHS was 24.99 and the DVD was 29.99 on the Mariner in April. I bought it and was disappointed. They did show what I thought was parts of the video before the show on the last night and I saw my son on it so of course I had to buy it. When I got home, I learned that what I thought were only "parts" of the video ended up to be the whole video. It was about 10-15 minutes of scenes from our actual cruise, then another 15-30 minutes of generic info about the ship and the ports we visited. It seemed more like an advertisment for RCCL than a memory video.

The VHS was 24.99 and the DVD was 29.99 on the Mariner in April. I bought it and was disappointed. They did show what I thought was parts of the video before the show on the last night and I saw my son on it so of course I had to buy it. When I got home, I learned that what I thought were only "parts" of the video ended up to be the whole video. It was about 10-15 minutes of scenes from our actual cruise, then another 15-30 minutes of generic info about the ship and the ports we visited. It seemed more like an advertisment for RCCL than a memory video.

My feelings exactly. I thought they were showing highlights of the video, not then entire video. I wouldn't have spent the $$ if I had known that was it.

Get the DVD because you can either watch it on your TV or computer. Either way, you can skip scenes you don't care to watch (such as the 10 men that were showcased doing the belly flop :rolleyes:).

We were surprised to see ourselves on the review as we were waving goodbye, so we bought it.

I really enjoyed the extra's that are on the video as well. We can also watch it in our car as we are heading to another cruise...helps you get in the cruise mood. :D

Oh wow, now I am re-thinking my decision to buy one. Are they really that short? How about the shows we saw on the ship, are they on the video? I saw the "preview" on the last night and no one in my family was on it. Anybody else buy one and have an opinion?

Thanks

We bought the one from our last cruise because we were on it. Some friends had gone to the evening show on the last night and they saw the "preview" and told us that we were on it. I just thought it was odd that there was no voice audio, just some music in the background.

Just short clips (except the Belly Flop contest) are put on the video. As it so happened, my family was in the video three times, and we didn't participate in any of the contest. Just luck, I guess. The DVD is 20 minutes long and the music is very "catchy." It also has voice parts. Ours has a tour of the ship as well. I love watching it because it makes me happy bringing back all the memories.

I think they are fun to bring home and show your family. The first year we were not in it, but the second year we were on it 6 times. :eek: I think the more activities you attend the better chance you will end up on it. My kids think its pretty funny to get the video out and laugh at mom dancing in the disco.

Carrie

On the Radiance, we stood in the photo gallery and they had

the actual whole video playing - as an advertisement of course.

We stood and watched the whole thing and it was no more than

20 minutes or so. It is scenes from the actual cruise mixed in with

pre-filmed footage of ports. We did not buy (29.95 for DVD) as

we have our own video camera. They showed a preview in the

theatre as part of the last show - only the parts they inserted of

our cruise, not the generic parts. While we're on the topic of

video's - how about those prices for your pictures!?! :eek: Kinda

felt like the paparazzi was stalking us all week.... :p

Archived