Sorry To Repeat Myself, But.......

Grumm

I recently mooted a "Voluntary Collection Box" at quayside to pay for a band to play at sailaway. I promised to put this to RCI and Elizanessie kindly offered to speak to an Executive on her forthcoming Pre-Inaugural.

Are we alone in this, or would any more of you like to be sent off in style at sailaway?

Alan

I'm a little confused here. Every cruise I've ever taken, there has always been a pool band at sailaway.

Are you suggesting one in the terminal, while waiting in line? Are you asking if people are willing to donate cash at the time to pay for the band?

Good music is always welcome and would be a delight to hear while waiting to board. However, a collection box to pay would be no guarantee for the band to earn what they normally get paid, they could make a lot, or hardly anything at all.

Sorry to take this so OT ,Liz...........

I think a steel drum guy would be nice......just like in the islands........:)

Oh,Im sure because of the enviromental folks, we cant do streamers anymore........

No probs Parrothead8 :D

Sorry for confusion, I believe Alan is actually meaning in Southampton UK :D hence why I said Brass Band.

Thanks for letting us know about the streamers....I have to admit on my first cruise I was very disappointed that there werent any streamers thrown :(

Is "mooted" a Scottish term? :confused:

and "quayside"? :confused:

You're having a laugh right? Moot as in moot point...open to discussion....?? (From the old Viking Moot houses where the villagers were allowed discussion with the elders)

Quayside as in AT THE SIDE OF THE QUAY

We don't mind lending you our language, but PLEASE learn it before questioning it;)

Alan

Music and streamers! Oh my, the excitement is already starting to build! :p

How are you Alan? Squirrel business still going strong? ;)

Hi SomeBeach,

Doing well thanks. Getting to my busy period as many squirrels now out of hibernation and, as you can imagine, a lot of them need to be adjusted after a long sleep. Hope all's well with you:)

Alan

You're having a laugh right? Moot as in moot point...open to discussion....?? (From the old Viking Moot houses where the villagers were allowed discussion with the elders)

Quayside as in AT THE SIDE OF THE QUAY

We don't mind lending you our language, but PLEASE learn it before questioning it;)

Alan

Och Aye! If I learned it I wouldn't need to question it :p

-- I'm off to google a quay now!

Hi SomeBeach,

Doing well thanks. Getting to my busy period as many squirrels now out of hibernation and, as you can imagine, a lot of them need to be adjusted after a long sleep. Hope all's well with you:)

Alan

All is well. Mustard had it's first takeover of the Jewel this past Feb. Jewel staff was very good about letting us Mustardize the ship.

We did have a problem with a flying monkey tho; he wouldn't fly. I suggested calling you in but some people didn't know if you could adjust a monkey. In the end, we decided not to bother you because it was too far to make a ship call! ;)

Back on your topic.

I hope you get your brass band. It adds to the enjoyment of sailaway.

haverin'?? Quay??

This IS a very informative thread.........

Moot,I knew!!

Parrothead! You surprise me! Quay-a wharf or dock where ships and boats are loaded and off-loaded.

Haverin' is a different matter-it's a Scottish word which means the same as "bletherin'" ;)

Alan

PS if you don't believe me. Just ask Elizanessie.

All is well. Mustard had it's first takeover of the Jewel this past Feb. Jewel staff was very good about letting us Mustardize the ship.

We did have a problem with a flying monkey tho; he wouldn't fly. I suggested calling you in but some people didn't know if you could adjust a monkey. In the end, we decided not to bother you because it was too far to make a ship call! ;)

Back on your topic.

I hope you get your brass band. It adds to the enjoyment of sailaway.

Thanks Micki. I'm glad the Mustardisation went well. For future reference, I am now licensed to adjust any vertebrate up to camel-height, so the monkey needn't have been a problem.

Best regards

Alan CCC, MOS

Hi Alan :D

Nice to see some words here today I recognise :D

"Bletherin" ....means chatting....lots of talk....we Scots are good at that eh Alan :D Canna get a word in edgeways when we start eh ...though when we talk in different accents it can be awfa confusing even to ourselves :D talk the hind leg offa donkey sometimes.

Archived