MR SANCHOS.... advise needed

ssanc006

hi, im a first time cruiser, saling in june on the carnival triumph. we are going to cozumel and i have heard that mr sanchos beach club is relaxing and also fun. the thing that i look for the most is the quality of the beach, and the sand. i've never been to mexico before, so i would appreciate any input from experienced cruisers... please let me know what beach is nice to relax and have fun. we are a group of ten 21 year olds, and fice 40 something year olds.

thanks in advance.:)

We visited back in Dec., there wasn't a whole lot going on but that was fine with us.That was our second trip there, the time before was pre-Wilma.

As other posters have said, there are cabs and vans to take you, I would suggest going through this board and you'll probably find more info.

It is a nice place, good food and drink. Some small shops closed to the entrance than the beach.

Check out the website and have fun!

We were there in April of 05.... check the boards about the beach now... It was great when we were there...They have hair braiding, showers, great food, cold beers, attentive service... we loved it FREE Beach....I don't know if there is enough excitement for 20 year olds its not a "woohoo" beach that i could see.. but 10, 40 somethings had a blast and 4, 20 somethings had fun... so if you want excitement i don't know if this is the beach for you....but if great food and cold beers are your thing.. I would say go for it.. :D

Do be aware that all the sand on the "west" side of the island is more corse. It is not that soft soft sand like they have in Playa Del Carmen. It is not as hard as some places we have been. (Puerto Vallarta was the worst) But it is still not the real "creamy soft" kind.

My youngest son is autistic and is a " sand expert". For some reason the consistancy of sand is very important to him...so we know the "rankings" at all the ports we have been to!! :D

There are some beach huts on the "east" side that offer food and drink but it is more rustic because they do not (last time I checked) have electricity over there. They bring in their ice etc. But they should have softer sand because of the heavier wave action.

Also be aware that Mr S. lost about 50ft of their beach during Wilma...so it is still ok...just narrow!! Their food and drinks are safe and good!

Archived